Mircotec Dramas

ca18rolla

My car was finally ready to fire today. (CA18det in KE35 'Rolla Coupe)

1.Cranked it over got oil pressure,

2.Pluged coil packs back in tried to start and there was no signal from the crank Angle Sensor.

3.Tried 300zx sensor turned by hand, still no signal.

4. All wiring is correct. There is continuaty from computer end of each wire all the way to the back of CAS plug.

So either both Crank Angle Sensors are rooted or my Computer may be Dicky.

Anyone had any simalar experinces or have any ideas what the problem could be???

Thanks Robbo

Members dont see this ad
Check all your fuses

Only CAS problem I have dealt with from Nissan was a suspected CAS problem on an SR20, turned out being a bit of metal... I think a staple rolling around inside the ECU

yeah no fuses thers just 4 wires from cas plug straight to the mircotec. Thanks thou any ideas help

I'd be saying the Crank Angle Sensor would be rooted. If you're getting continuity from the computer end of each wire all the way to the back of CAS plug, then it ain't a dogdy comp.

Just my 2 cents

Hey guys turned out the motor wasn t turning over hard enough by the starter to show the signal on the laptop and the 300zx one was stuffed.

Charged battery and in the mean time tryed the orginal ca18 one by hand and got a signal! Then the car woundn t fire checked wiring diagram and was missing a earth on the powe side of the ignitor.

CAr now runs and starts no worries. So cheering the computer was ok. On to the dyno for the run tune next week! Thanks everyone

Edited by ca18rolla