Rat Rod...

ROLLN'03

OK guys...

Thought i would post this up for general interest!

Its far from a corolla, and to answer any questions before they arise:

1. I am not a bogan

2. I do not like Commodores

3. I will never leave my true calling - corollas

This is a build up project, which I will update as I go...

SPECS:

Custom Chassis [Z'd] - built by Dodgee Customs INC.

HG Holden Front End

VB Commodore Differential

Early Manual Commodore Steering Rack etc. -Rebuild 253 - Standard

4 Spd Auto

15 x 6.5" Pursuit Rims

Enjoy... :D

Edited by ROLLN'03

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All final welding of the Chassis is yet to be completed...

This previous weekend i purchased a overrated condition VB Commodore for $800. It had a 253 v8, 4 spd auto, power steering, air con etc.

It took as a total of one whole day to entirely strip the whole car. All parts needed were removed and the rest was wrecked.

This coming weekend I will have more updates as the engine, brakes and steering will go in.

This is the third hot rod build up for Dodgee Customs INC. We are trying to build a hotrod as quickly and as cheaply as possible.

We are hoping to have it drivable for GREASEFEST 2006...

COMMENTS!....... :D

We are hurrying!..... Lack of funds is the problem.

One month from now it will be completed to a decent standard though.

Chassis built, two weekends ago, car / parts stripped and ready last weekend, engine steering brakes this coming weekend, and then body etc from then on.

Its going to be a two seater, with just a ute back / tray for now. Sticking with the 253 for a cheap little v8, and with 1/3 the commodores weight it will have some stonk!......

Prolly up grade to a blown 5.0L later on. Althogh i would love a blown Toyota V8 as biggo mentioned!...... :D

Hmm interesting. I have been researching this sort of project for myself. I didn't realise you could get a custom built chassis rego'd here in QLD. I was looking at using a late 70's commercial chassis and changing the front and rear suspension setups, then grafting on whatever cab I want.

What cowl are you basing your rod on? RPU or closed cab?

Yes, you can Rego a custom built chassis in any state in Oz. Its treated as a new car, and has to go through inspection and there is a huge book of guidelines, blah, blah...

We have a mate who is an inspection officer. :D

YOu can get club rego too, only $150 per year, but it has its catches!

Would love a toyota engine (blown) but thats later, ATM, holden engines are way cheap....

NoPSI, its going to have a chev firewall / cowl that we found ina wreck down the bush, and the rest will be custom built. We were going to step the chassis, but there no need, yet the body will be channelled quite a few inches. No roof.