Rat Rod...

ROLLN'03

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ever since reading that post, Biggo, I have images of Peachy being a short grey haired bloke, with a long untamed grey beard, old overalls and smokes like a chimney...

Sad and twisted mind I have...

Thats strange sounds like I am the complete opposite. Young bloke, dark brown hair, no facial hair(most of the time), reasonably new work pants and any old shirt, and non smoker. :)

By the way Rolln 03 looks like I wont need to move to QLD or anything to register the rod anyway. Come across an awesome project I should be buying this weekend. Only an original chassis, 20's dodge cowl along with a professionally add ons built from scratch to be a roadster pickup and not really much else. Exactly the type of thing I am after and at a good price. So my current project will be sped up a little and my long term rod project wont be as big of a hassle as originally planned.

Your rod is bloody low, looks to be coming along perfectly, if only all build ups went that way. Kepp up the top work and keep us updated.

Peachey

Great to here about your Project Peachey. Make sure you hit us up with some pics and info...

My cowl is from an old chev tourer... FREE! :)

I can't wait to get it running....... I promise more updates ASAIC. :)

Thanks for the great comments guys...!

• 1 month later...

YAY UPDATE!.......

Progress up till current date:

- Body is all framed up

- Firewall is fully braced

- Gearshifter and Handbrake are mounted

- Brake booster is in place -

- Gearbox tunnel fully framed

This weekend:

- Steering column to be mounted

- Brake system to be finished

- Floor to be framed

I sooo can't wait, its just totally awesome!....... Should be fully ready to drive not this weekend but the next!..... Although rego wont come till all inspections are complete....

Its first show appearance will be at Greasefest 2006 @ the Souths League Club in Brisbane..... Although its a big shame that it falls on the same weekend as Teddys KE70 Cruise.... All going well though, i might bring it down to show off.... ( only if Teddy doesnt mind :y: )

Pics will come after the weekend.... Currently the bottom of the door frame is lower than the chassis....! :)

:) -Dam!!! From what you've done so far in this short about of time, its looking GREAT!!! I can't wait till its done and see the end result.

So do/will you have any special name for this rod??

Edited by JiP_01

OK.... UPDATE.... :(

Only had one day to work on this thing on the weekend...

We now have it steering, have the brake booster and brakes all set up ready for brake lines, hand brake working, shifter all mounted...

All we need now is to run the brake lines, panel up the body, mount the radiator, then wire it up!..... :)

Pictures as follows, comments are more than welcome!

Josh

Edited by ROLLN'03