Hiro Protagonist

Hiro's Ae102

144 posts in this topic

Ugh I hate that, Same thing happened on my ke30, got everything in and tightened. First drive 5 mins down the road. the manifold gasket blew through, that was enough for me that day.

Also, you going to ToyotaFest this year?

Members dont see this ad
44 minutes ago, SloRolla said:

Also, you going to ToyotaFest this year?

Considering I help run it, almost certainly

2 hours ago, Hiro Protagonist said:

Considering I help run it, almost certainly

Oooops, first event I'll be actually putting something into. Getting keen.

15 hours ago, SloRolla said:

Oooops, first event I'll be actually putting something into. Getting keen.

It's a great show, last year was one of the biggest since it was the 50th anniversary for the Corolla but there are regularly over 100 cars there.

10 hours ago, Hiro Protagonist said:

It's a great show, last year was one of the biggest since it was the 50th anniversary for the Corolla but there are regularly over 100 cars there.

I'll have to say hi! My 30 looks like a heap at the moment, but she'll be nice by then I hope.

Spent all of Saturday afternoon and half of Saturday night on my back under the rear end installing my Ultra Racing rear swaybar, and what a pain in the arse that turned out to be.  Fortunately didn't have to drop the tank, but both straps, filler pipe, breather pipe and the exhaust from the cat back had to come out, and even then it needed some wiggling to get it out past the jack stands on the cross-member and holding up the tank.

20170527_155841_zps9famovqu.jpg
Stock 14mm vs UR 19mm (both solid)

20170527_190249_zps7wgal6uw.jpg
Fortunately managed to work out how to get my sensor light to stay on permanently, otherwise I would have had to call it quits as soon as it got dark and pick it up in the morning.  Garage is too full of crap to get a car in these days, and chances are the light wouldn't have been much better in there since all underneath would have been in shadow.  As it was I still didn't get everything back in and buttoned up until after 9pm.

Woo!  That's a big step up.

What does it feel like? Lift a rear wheel?

28 minutes ago, altezzaclub said:

Woo!  That's a big step up.

What does it feel like? Lift a rear wheel?

Gave it a good workout on Sunday to and from Wisemans Ferry for Classic Celica Day, don't believe I got it to cock a leg but the rear end definitely felt sharper and livelier on turn-in

Latest acquisition - AE102 Sprinter 3-dial dash cluster.  Unlike the JDM BZ Touring and FXGT 3-dial clusters, this one has the correct tacho for the 7AFE (8000rpm vs 9000rpm) AND retains the Aus-spec 200km/h speedo (vs 180 for JDM).  Also doesn't have the superfluous dash lights for cat temperature, rear light failure module etc (although since the ADM Sprinters were all pre-facelift, there is no seatbelt warning light fitted).  Still requires a bit of wiring magic but I'll most likely palm that off to someone who likes electrons more than I do in exchange for some beer or something.

20170617_160759_zpsmqxtiigs.jpg