Ke30kings Ke55 Hardtop!

ke30king

hey guys, i thought it was about time i told you all about my car, it is my first road car (i have had a few parts cars and one for khana) its a '79 ke55 hardtop. i have had it for about 12 months and in that time its received a PHAT 2" zorst with one muffler so its reasonably loud, its got ta23 celica struts and brakes so it stops... yay and its also got some 13x6.5 spitfires.

The plans for it in the "near" future are a plained bigport 3k head(should be next week and lowering. in the not so neer future (hopefully mid next year) it will be getting a 2tze, the engine will consist of a mildly modifyed 2tc with efi off a 2tg and a sc12 of a 4agze, all this will be transfered through a celica t50 to a ra23 4.1 diff with r31 pintara disks and callipers. after all the engine and running gear is in it will be copping a coat of bright metalic yellow with the same stripes in a metalic black. the body might also cop a set of flairs off a te37, one of those streeter by streeter front spiolers and a little duck tail.

wheels are still un decided but i am thinking some grey konig rewinds.

any way thats pretty much all i have to say about it at the moment, thanks for listening and this page will be updated whenever something new and exciting happens to it.

pics:

when i first got it.

post-915-1148983752_thumb.jpg

best current.

post-915-1148983872_thumb.jpg

Edited by ke30king

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

haha yay my car made someone jizz...hmmm anyway put a big port head on it today. it has been plained about 2 millimeters and i had a bit of trouble with the push rods being to long (2mm makes a big difference) so i hade to make some spacers 1mm and after getting it running it seems to be running a bit rich. i am not sure if this is because of the extra high compression or not so any ideas what it could be before i go mucking around with the carbie would be great.

cheers, lloyd

• 2 weeks later...

Just reset the rear springs, if you wan't to stiffen it up replace the shocks. front coils should cost about $110-$140, Pedders or King Springs.

Stick to using a K series motor its much easier. You can get good hp even out of a 4k 1300, my KE 70 kahanacross car has 75bhp at the wheels. Running a 4K won't cause any legal issues.

Keep it simple and legal, you don't need hassels from the police, also you don't wan't to have to engineer the car.

post-834-1150499352_thumb.jpg

post-834-1150499535_thumb.jpg

well i already have a 2tc to go in it, and i can get more power out of a 2t anyway, i don't have another 4k to rebuild nor do i have the money and its not that much effort to get it blue plated. i have already upgraded my brakes. and i will be ordering some good shockies very soon.

cheers, lloyd

anything is possible with a T motor for example

post-607-1150588943_thumb.jpgpost-607-1150589014_thumb.jpg

post-607-1150589100_thumb.jpg

so i would go with the T motor considering the Americans are using these motors (2t, 3t, 12t and 13t's) as drag engines and pulling sum outstanding times and some seriouse power I'm sure its possibly to get some seriouse power out of a K motor but i would stick to the T

and this is how u get a 2TG efi to match to a 2tc or 3tc engine if noone knows

post-607-1150589416_thumb.jpgpost-607-1150589505_thumb.jpg

Cheers Sean

Edited by roids70