:'( - Nooo !

Teddy

Members dont see this ad

you want ke25. ke20 is too high, like it needs needs a chop top, and the bum looks funny. ke25 is smooth and sporty :D

i once saw an ae86 in an option magazine with an s13 irs grafted into it, apparently they're pretty bulletproof. but yes, pretty difficult to engineer over here. that's why you drive a stock commodore/pajero and tow your racecar around right rob :)

i reckon with all nolathane bushes, some decent shocks, stiffer springs, my ke25 could handle pretty well, compared to how it is now anyway. but that could be said for any car really. with the ke25 it's not so much the fact it has leaves, but the fact that it has coils on the front and leaves on the back, so it's hard to balance the handling out because the front and rear end are responding differently

plus the diff moves around when you chuck it really hard, that's not helping anything. a panhard bar or something, and a swaybar wouldn't be a bad idea either, maybe one day

you can really go all out with a rear end, tom carter's te27 is a good example

http://www.netwiz.net/%7Etcar/c74sr5.html

with the ke25 it's not so much the fact it has leaves, but the fact that it has coils on the front and leaves on the back, so it's hard to balance the handling out because the front and rear end are responding differently

So you'd rather have leaves front AND rear? *shudder* :) Should do what Craig did with his turbo Datto1200 and run adjustable coilovers front AND rear :D

you can actually make a car with leaves handle pretty well, it's a balance thing. that's what matt and i theorise anyway. of course, i'd prefer coils :)

lucky was doing some trial fitting with festiva and starlet rear shocks (springs integral) in the ke10, planning to just use the top leaf to locate the diff

You can make anything handle, leafs or coils. The main problem with leafs is that the rate isn't linear, so is hard to predict and therefore plan for. Coils are generally a lot easier to work with.

Not sure what Craig is running, but they looked like normal rear shocks with an adjustable spring mount sleeve welded on. And yes, he's still using the top leaf to locate the diff (he's using a BW Corolla diff)

normal rear shocks that no doubt have printed on the metal body "DO NOT WELD OR HEAT" like andre's old festiva shocks did, didn't stop him :)

craig is crazy, i don't know what posesses him to think a 6" corolla diff can stand up to 250hp of turbo A12 for long, we shall see. he can go have his smelly datsun r31 lsd fitted when it blows up :D