Car Trouble - Help!

Raven

I've put a 4K into the KE36.

Problem 1 - it will crank over but wont start - Car is getting fuel, spark plug leads are in the right firing order, it is getting spark.

Problem 2 - I have a steady stream of oil pissing out from somewhere.

I've i can't get it going i'm really tempted to sell it off..... So can someone please shed some light onto why it wont run?

Cheers

Mick

Members dont see this ad

where is this oil coming from ?! as in how do u know its a stedy streem- is it leaking onto the driveway? is it pissing onto your bonnet ?

Do a compression check - you need the 3 basics for a car to run (well, to an extent...)

1) Compression

2) Spark

3) Fuel

Find out where the oil leak is coming from, its a 4k, there not too big a motor !

can't actually see any visible signs of oil anywhere on the engine. All i know is its leaking onto the crossmember and then pooling on the floor under the car....

As for spark and fuel, i have both of those.... Compression check I can't do cos I don't have anything to check it with :monkey:

leaking onto the cross member - well, i suggest u either wash the motor down, or get a light and have a look at the sump / headgasket / rocket cover gasket / spark plug tubes.

theres not too great a list on a 4k where oil can come from :monkey:

Go get a cheap compression tester from supercheap. Wont set u back much.

I'm thinking sump as it only happens when oil pressure is increase from cranking the engine over.

My next questions - can the gasket be replaced without having to pull the engine out again?

Its all working. The oil pump wasnt aligned in the right spot to get the rotor button lined up with Piston #1 on the dizzy cap.

After much aligning and messing about it fired up today.

Now to just fix that oil leak from the oil filter bracket.....