June 12, 200620 yr comment_122835 Just pulled the radiator support panel and shit back into rough shape on GIR :thumbsup: , and now I need a radiator... The plan is to drive it to the bodyworks to have the rails inspected on the data-liner. I can't tow it coz I have no suitable tow vehicle, and no one that can be involved in flat-towing, so driving is my only option. So, has someone got an old radiator laying about, and maybe a crappy top hose that I can shorten?? If the radiator is reasonable, I can possibly sling you a few buck at some stage... Just not this very intant (I'm one broke MF :cool: ) Report
June 12, 200620 yr comment_122858 your 4 days late mate, took a shabby ke55 radiator to the tip one thursday, wasnt in to good condition but you would have got to were you wanted to go....... cheers james Report
June 18, 200620 yr Author comment_123985 This is still an issue. I still need a radiator, even if its for a day or two!!! Anyways... I also just managed to secure a pair of KE36 4dr wagons. They are up north (devonport), so I haven't actually seen them, but I'll be picking them up in a few weeks. So in the not-too-distant future there will be a heap of parts becoming available (not sure what parts just yet)... Here's the heads up. :) Report
June 18, 200620 yr comment_123994 Oh wagon parts score!! :lolcry: id be interested in seeing some pics once u get em! :) Report
June 20, 200620 yr Author comment_124422 It'll be a few weeks yet, but I'll let you all know when they arrive. Report
June 27, 200620 yr Author comment_125525 OK... So now I'm desperate!! Going up to Devonport next weekend to buy 2 more wagons, but I still don't know if the van is worth repairing!! If its not worth repairing, then there is no point buying the 2 wagons, as its gonna be a logistical nighmare bringing them all the way down to hobart, considering I know no one with a tow vehicle!! If someone has a project Corolla that is not going, all I need is the radiator for 1 DAY... Just to get the van to the bodyworks and back!! Even a shithouse one will do... as long as it will keep the engine cool for about 10mins each way!! I just went to the wreckers and bought the last corolla radiator out of the only corolla they have, paid $50, got it home and its f@$ked!! bottom neck leaks, and thats without the system pressurised!! :) So can someone get me out of a bind!! I'll save radiators coming out of my ears when I get these wagons, but there is no point going thru it all if the van is beyond repair!! I CANNOT afford this shit!! HELP!!!! Report
June 27, 200620 yr comment_125541 i have dug out a ke55 one that you can borrow but i am at sorell, give me a ring on 62651055 and ask for james and i will try and arrange a way for you to get it, i can get it to bellrive on the eastern shore if that is more convenient for you cheers james Report
June 27, 200620 yr comment_125663 I got one out at mums place, don't leak at all I can bring it down to hobart, but you gotta pitch in for some fuel ($25?) or soemthing, Cheers Report
June 28, 200620 yr Author comment_125686 I went back to the wreckers today, and they fixed all the big leaks... It still has like 3 small ones, but it'll do to get her to the bodyworks and back. Contacted the dude up north this morning about the 2 wagons he was holding for me... Bastard sold them!! I must admit it has been a while since I called him, coz I was trying to arrange the weekend off/tow car/stuff to do engine swap in dad's driveway, but I did ask him to keep them for me, and tyhat it would be a few weeks!! Khunt... Ah well. She goes in tuesday for a chassis alignment inspection... Report
July 4, 200620 yr Author comment_126784 Took the ol girl to the bodyworks today... ALL IS GOOD, apparently!! Loox like the van will fight another day, and I'll get onto it shortly, and get some bits to rebuild the front. Coming to a rollaclub drive day near you soon... :dance: Report
August 20, 200620 yr Author comment_135799 As NWA said in their track "prelude" "The Motherf@$kin' Saga Continues..." I finally arranged with 1gttelola to come up to his place and grab the front end out of a shell he has. I had organised a rolla wagon (the ONLY vehicle I could find that had enough space/ie big enough payload to put the whole front-cut in), and that fell thru about 30mins before we were due to leave!! I considered driving my rolla up to get the parts, but the fact is that its now 2 months out of rego, and with my luck, I'd get caught!! I am f@$king pissed off, as I was so close to finally getting underway on the repairs... f@$k :bang: I'm NEVER gonna get the f@$king car fixed!! Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now