Lappy's Corolla

lappy

I just came back from driving the rolla with the new baileys channel and its got rid of 90% of the noise. Now I can actually hear the radio :) I would reccomend this for every Corolla driver because after 30 years they don't seal well

Edited by lappy

• 5 months later...
Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The corolla is ready to get going again as a project as it has served its learning purpose I now have my log book so now I can begin to modify my car :P. I have been working so now its time to use up my earnings.

Coming up

1. Is to lower it with my lovells springs and new shocks as well as my leaves getting reset and new shocks in the rear

2. remove the tired 4k for the fully balaced lightened 3K with racecam with extractors and KE70 carby

3. Buy new tires for my 14" hotwires

Lappy

Edited by lappy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey guys Update time well i Bought a head of ebay it said near new I thought it must have been a bit corroded but its not its just like new but with some surface corrosion as it has been stored in a shed see here

New head

so it will be off with the balanced ottom end tomorrow to go to the machine shop for a light skim and acid bath and some heavier valve springs. Also my block has to be faced as it been warped 7 thou and my engine builder wants it right so we can set it up the same as our racecar engines :y: so hopefully in 2-3 weeks it will be ready for install along with engine bay respray.

Engine bay pics soon but it is prepped ready for paint maybe next weekend as I have a week end off from racing also Pending YR12 homework :S

Thats all for now

• 1 month later...

Time for an update :sob: here is my engine got it back this week ready to go in over my 5 day easter w/e. It will be installed after an engine bay paint job tomorrow the engine bay is stripped and 1/2 rubbed back so keep tune in for an update. :no2:

post-564-1206010657_thumb.jpg

It's alive :D after an engine bay respray and reassembly here she is looks stock but I have to do a bit more cleaning and painting to some of the componants and a new 2" exhaust because the straw-like exhaust system i have now isn't cutting with the new cam which is very similar to my racecar and is taking a bit of getting used to due to it's large nature also getting the rear springs reset to a lower level to the level of my super-lows in the front. More progress to come

PIC00900.jpg

PIC00920.jpg

PIC00921.jpg

PIC00923.jpg

Edited by lappy

• 8 months later...