Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Urgent Need Help With Recurring Starter Motor Or Possible Ignition Pro

Featured Replies

Hey this has been a recurring problem for me I own a Ke70 1983, and every now and then when i start the car it is like the ignition is dead and just clicks. I have had like 3 different auto electricians look at my car the first one replaced a relay saying I had a voltage problem. The second one did the same thing plus did something to the starter motor and the third guy told me to buy a starter motor which i did and he did something to the solarnoid on the starter motor. Now the same problem has come back a month later and I'm wondering am I getting screwed around by these auto electrians or is this problem happening due to something completely different. Does anyone know what i should do about this problem?

 

thanks

Take it back to the last guy, where bouts you from?

This seems to be a common problem I've encountered when dealing with k-series engines.

The first time it happened was in my ke70 i had a few years back. To fix it i got an auto electrician to wire in a relay for the starter motor. The problem was fixed and never came back. I think the problem is that the starter motor isnt getting enough current to actuate the solenoid. THe second time i encountered the problem is my current car, my 5k ke20 and its only just started doing the same thing. I'm just living with it at the moment cause I'm lazy :)

 

hmm but you say youve already been to an auto electrician that put in a relay so the problem might be somewhere different to mine.

  • Author

I have been to three different Autos that what you are saying about the starter motor relay is what the last guy sort of did. The car has been running good until today. I think I will take it back to him he said if it was his work he will fix it for free due to warranty reasons as it has been a mont, but i don't want the same problem happening again down the track as it has been since December last year.

  • Author

For Trev I'm from Ipswich i find the problem to be a hassal as I have to keep sparking a wire against the battery to start car, and you guys should know how hard it is to start your car when it is cold. It is a lot harder to start with a wire and being cold

me ke70 does this too, just clicks when you change the ignition to 'start'. I keep switching it to 'start' quickly and it starts pretty easily when it finally breaks It'll be fixed!

i had this problem as well. fixed it when i put a denso relay in the fuse and relay panel beside the battery.

the australian ke70 only has a heavy jumper wire were there should be a relay, just pull the wire out and replace it with a DENSO relay.

if that doesn't fix it you've got other problems.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.