Urgent Need Help With Recurring Starter Motor Or Possible Ignition Pro

Hey this has been a recurring problem for me I own a Ke70 1983, and every now and then when i start the car it is like the ignition is dead and just clicks. I have had like 3 different auto electricians look at my car the first one replaced a relay saying I had a voltage problem. The second one did the same thing plus did something to the starter motor and the third guy told me to buy a starter motor which i did and he did something to the solarnoid on the starter motor. Now the same problem has come back a month later and I'm wondering am I getting screwed around by these auto electrians or is this problem happening due to something completely different. Does anyone know what i should do about this problem?

thanks

Members dont see this ad

This seems to be a common problem I've encountered when dealing with k-series engines.

The first time it happened was in my ke70 i had a few years back. To fix it i got an auto electrician to wire in a relay for the starter motor. The problem was fixed and never came back. I think the problem is that the starter motor isnt getting enough current to actuate the solenoid. THe second time i encountered the problem is my current car, my 5k ke20 and its only just started doing the same thing. I'm just living with it at the moment cause I'm lazy :)

hmm but you say youve already been to an auto electrician that put in a relay so the problem might be somewhere different to mine.

I have been to three different Autos that what you are saying about the starter motor relay is what the last guy sort of did. The car has been running good until today. I think I will take it back to him he said if it was his work he will fix it for free due to warranty reasons as it has been a mont, but i don't want the same problem happening again down the track as it has been since December last year.

i had this problem as well. fixed it when i put a denso relay in the fuse and relay panel beside the battery.

the australian ke70 only has a heavy jumper wire were there should be a relay, just pull the wire out and replace it with a DENSO relay.

if that doesn't fix it you've got other problems.