Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

5k Into Ke20

Featured Replies

Well I have decided to put my 5k motor into the ke20. But first things first, I have taken it down to get reconditioned. I'm getting it bored out and fitted with flat top pistons if available seeing that the 5k motors came with scalloped out pistons because the combustion chamber is in the piston rather then the head, so this will up the compression. Also i'm getting a mild cam put in it and getting it ported and polished and bigger valves if possible. The guy said the motor will be ready to pick up by the end of the month. It should be good when I get it back, can't wait! The 3k motor that is in my car at present was fully reconditioned only 3 years ago and has only done about 15,000klms. I was going to wait a bit longer before I decided on doing the conversion, but I thought what the hell I might as well do it now. :dance:

Edited by ke20rolla

this thing is going to fly.... are you going to use the twin webers on this motor?? how are the weber runnig anyway, theyre not to big in the jets are they because people go on about single 32/36 webers being to big.

 

can't wait to see this thing when its going

 

cheers

  • Author

Hi, yeah I'm going to use the twin webers that i'm currently running with extractors. The carbs are pretty good but they are a bit to big for the 3k but should be just fine for the 1500. I use to have just one single weber on it and that seemed to be okay. :dance:

Awesome news dude!

 

Can't wait to hear it running. :hmm:

yeah sounds good there man, must get around to doin my one some day, wil s what ya one is like first

How much have you been Quoted for the rebuild if you don't mind me asking?

 

Cheers

 

Daniel

lol you didn't ask.....well I'm also interested in how much this would cost so when you get it back could you give us a figure, if you don't mind :lolcry:

  • Author

I didn't ask how much it would cost because seeing that I had my 3k motor done up by the same guy and it costed $1300 and my brother had a datsun 120y motor done up also and it cost around $1200. So I assume it will be around the $1300 mark, It doesn't really matter that much because I was going to get it done up regardeless of the cost. I will let you know how much. :lolcry:

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

well I've got the engine all pulled to pieces and ready to lift out.

here are a few pictures of the old 3k motor stripped down

post-721-1153997104_thumb.jpg

post-721-1153997145_thumb.jpg

 

these are the twin carbs that are going on the 5k, they are off my 3k motor

post-721-1153997281_thumb.jpg

 

Also I got the starter motor recondioned it needed bushes and a new solenoid

post-721-1153997212_thumb.jpg

 

I will be picking up my 5k motor from the engine reconditioner tomorrow and I will be pulling the 3k out and putting the 5k in this weekend. :y: :) :lolcry:

How much have you been Quoted for the rebuild if you don't mind me asking?

 

Cheers

 

Daniel

 

 

well my ones is 500 with over size pistions, but thats only in parts, cos i do the layber :lolcry:

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Author

I've got the 5k in and going, had to get the distributor re-curved because of the compression and cam. Here's a few pics

post-721-1155376492_thumb.jpg

post-721-1155376537_thumb.jpg

I also got some ke30 tailights for my ke55 from the wreckers for $30 a pair. And I've fitted halogen headlights, much better than the old sealed beams.

post-721-1155376784_thumb.jpg

post-721-1155376859_thumb.jpg

Also here are a few more pics of the old ke55

post-721-1155376952_thumb.jpg

post-721-1155376999_thumb.jpg

post-721-1155377037_thumb.jpg

Did you have the 5K in when I saw you the other day dude?

 

Hows she go?

omfg its not still auto is it?? :laff:

  • Author

Yeah I had the 5k in when you saw me the other day. It goes a lot better than the 3k but I have to take it easy because I'm just running it in at the moment. :(

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.