Andrew's Next Car

andrew

i was thinking today what car i will build after my white corona (in about a year or so) and i thouhgt i would get some opinions. i am thinking either another ke70/ae71 wagon and droping in an off it's nut 4agze and 5 speed, lowered 4 inchs with koni adjustables all round and a custom made IRS setup underneath its ass with some 16 inch 5 spokers, and a custom 2pak mulberry paintjob,

..............or a full time 4wd corolla tercel wagon (about '87) with similar running gear setup but 16inch multispokes, and body layered in 2pak electric blue with a lilac pearl,

either would have worked engines and high pressure clutch setups and big power to support the looks...... (as some of you may have gathered when i build engines i do it properly!) :) and probably cost abit but i wouldn't be selling them in a hurry as i would never get my money back. and i would keep the corona as a daily driver and the wagon on weekends and cruizes etc.

opinions everybody????.............

Members dont see this ad

from what i've heard, custom IRS is pretty much impossible to get street registered. i personally like the idea of the awd corolla wagon, though i think you'd need to be upgrading to wrx or cosworth running gear if you put a gze behind it, bling bling

if i rebuilt the gearboxes and diffs i think it would be alright. as long as i took it easy(not dropping clutch etc) so i don't lunch gearboxes. i have seen some street registered irs equipped cars. like kingswoods and falcons and shit

i was more refering to the rear suspension setup and diff. looks like an RC car.

an L18 might be a bit of a tight fit in a ke15 :) have thought about it previously, have a datto nut friend.

mmm DCOEs are nice. sound good too.

maybe its you getting in my ear all the time about how good datsun rally cars are :) A and L motors are old, cheap, probably easy to work on like a K motor, but larger capacity rocks. if you can get as much power out of a 1300cc 4K as doug is, imagine an L20B worked to the same extent, you'd be unstoppable!

True, but A and L motors are generally cheaper :) Mel's old Datto1600 with the L20 really hammers :S Not to mention the fact that Datto1600's are uber phat :D

But I'm still a fan of Hal :) phatphatphatphatphatphatphatphatphatphatphat :)

hey i said the motors were acceptable, not that i wanted to drive around in, or even be seen in the passenger seat of, some silly datsun thing. VIVA LA COROLLA!!!

fook's car rocks :S how funny were those kids at harry's on friday night, they were lovin your work! i liked how they found it so amusing that doug and i had done up 4Ks, "is yours slow too?" hahaha! i'll come back up when i get decent carburetion going, and set my tappets properly and take u for another strap :) WHEE!