Gearbox Grinding

Des

hey guys and girls my ae82 seca changes real nice when just cruising around but when pick up revs while racing somone or whatever it grinds and carrys on abit its only from 2nd to 3rd is it just me being a shity driver or is it the tranny telling me something important and I'm not listening.cheers :lolcry:

oh yea and its a 5 speed

Edited by too quick

Members dont see this ad

Howdy!

REDLINE gearbox oil is a miracle cure for grinding gearboxes. A couple of the guys on the MR2 forum have used it with great success. One guy was contemplating replacing his gearbox, thought he'd try the REDLINE gearbox oil and it was a smooth as new!

Lesley :lolcry:

Howdy!

REDLINE gearbox oil is a miracle cure for grinding gearboxes. A couple of the guys on the MR2 forum have used it with great success. One guy was contemplating replacing his gearbox, thought he'd try the REDLINE gearbox oil and it was a smooth as new!

Lesley :)

sweet thanks man :lolcry:

I'm goin to do a 4agze conversion i have the money, soon to have the engine so i probably wont worry about the old engine and box now it will be for sale later. :lolcry:

Edited by too quick

The C50 g'box weak spot is the synchro between 2nd and 3rd. Too many quick shifts etc can damage the synchro. One of the best ways of fixing it would be to upgrade to the C52 and learn how to down-shift by heel-and-toe and learn to take it a little easier on the up-shift.

Or the preventive way would be to learn how to down-shift by heel-and-toe and learn to take it a little easier on the up-shift.

I have seen it somewhere here before I think but I can't find it now. What is the difference between the C50 and C52 box. What do they come out of ect?

i do believe the c50 is on the 4ac, and the c52 was on the 4age 16v in the ae92(I'm unsure where the else the c52 is used)

yep "c" series boxes come with that dodgy 3rd gear syncro stock!

no fix for it, unless you want to rebuild.

if using redline KEEP using redline. many many people have used it, then gone to something else and the box has died soon after.

i use ATF in my boxes. thats a c52 on a s/c engine with no issues

• 3 weeks later...

yeh i have the same problem with my AE92 corolla gear box the grinding between 2nd and 3rd i found that te faster u change the less noise it make and i change it slowly but it was worse rolla4 does using that oil actually work cause i would like 2 now.

Edited by rolla_stewy