Ke30/55 Vn V6

ROLLLA

Hi all, I'm just new to this forum and have been playin around with a few ke30 and I'm interested in goin for a 4AGE conversion in mine. I was just wondering if anyone has tackled it here and if so could u guys share with me the pros and cons of the conversion. :lock_folder:

thanks

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all, I'm just new to this forum and have been playin around with a few ke30 and I'm interested in goin for a 4AGE conversion in mine. I was just wondering if anyone has tackled it here and if so could u guys share with me the pros and cons of the conversion. :)

thanks

Umm would you mind not takin over my thread and start your own dude :P :P

Maybe we could swap some info on this conversion. I don't know when your starting, but ive now got the engine and the KE35 car, I'm just looking for a 5 speed, as mine is a manual engine and all that was missing from the VN was the gearbox.

I hope to be fitting the engine within 2 weeks and ill be posting pics soon.

I think the engine mounts will be the hardest part and ive done plenty of them.

The Guy who put the engine into "Rolla Boy"'s so called friends car did a alright job, and his friend liked the car so he brought it off the guy. How stupid does one have to be to buy a car he did not like 100 %

Get f@$ked, moron. People don't necesarily buy cars that they like 100%. A true car enthusiast will buy a car that he see's as an excellent base, whether it needs work or is a overrated stocker to start with. As you can see, this V6 Rolla is a good base. It has the engine, trans and whatnot thats needed as a starting point. From what I've heard, Rolla Boys friend (no, not 'so called friend') is putting the engine and gearbox into a different shell and starting from scratch to make a well built car. Also, when your from Canberra, and the cars in Melbourne, and you buy it sight unseen - pic's don't neccesarily tell the truth.

Oh, and sure. He did an alright job. The car made it back from Melbourne to Canberra. The crossmembers hold the engine and gearbox in. It runs. But - so does my mates paddock basher.

I'm sick of people like you coming into this forum, stirring up shit with well known members and f@$king off as you please. Fit in or f@$k off.

The Guy who put the engine into "Rolla Boy"'s so called friends car did a alright job, and his friend liked the car so he brought it off the guy. How stupid does one have to be to buy a car he did not like 100 %

Where do I start with this f@$kin idiot.

I drove the car back from dirty stinky Melbourne town, and it was a f@$kin joke, the vibration from the tail shaft was almost unbearable, there was no heater, even though the heater hoses reached and would have fitted on the commodore ones. So that was lame, then we have the trans cooler lines that touch on almost everything under the car that had to be re-routed, the tail shaft is too short, the engine is solid mounted, the exhaust hits the steering, the car is a rusted out piece of shit which was NOT SHOWN in the pics on ebay or mentioned in the ad, which it should have been. The whole way back we were wondering if we would even make it. So sorry f@$kwit, he did a f@$kin shit job, a blind cripple woman with a hairy back would have done it better.

Had we not just driven all the way from Canberra, my friend would not have swapped his car for this piece of shit.

So take Dan's hint mate, and think before you make anymore posts on this site.

Nothin wrong with melbourne man....

But yeah, I'm with you guys on this one, has anyone on here ever had a bought a car that they DO like 100% i don't think so. i never have i can assure you.

Thats the idea with a project car, you turn it into something you like.

one low one, you should try to only post when you actually know what youre talking about.

I don't know what pisses me off more, the fact he came onto this forum and said that, or the fact that he'll never come back on because hes too pussy to face the truth.

ok fella's, i FULLY agree with you 100% that one low one is a knob!!!

now back to the topic that is a V6 into a rolla. After reading this thread, i now want a V6 instead of a 4AGE into my KE55 when i get it.

the only problem is practicality. I would like to be able to actually DRIVE the car, not just do burnouts at every stop sign, trafic light, corner etc. :laff: :laff: hehe.

sorry if it sounds like a n00b question, but is a V6 a "cheap" transplant? it sounds expensive (more so the custom work than the motor). i know its imposible to say prices on conversions, but would it be possible for a V6 to be cheaper than a 4AGE job??? or is it more "cheaper" in the fact that its more bang for buck??

I'm not looking for a flaming!! :laff:

Edited by Old-Skool-Rolla

Id still go for the 4AGE Z or 20V over the v6 for a all round car, I'm doing the V6 thing as i already have my 4age20v rolla and want to use that for curcuit racing and not total thrashing.

The v6 rolla I'm building is for the thrashing as its costing me under $1000 to do it as i can do all the work myself, Its being built just for drags and burnout comps and when its not doing that it will have standard wheels,whitewalls and look stock just so people can go "WOW a V6 in that would be cool" :laff:

But i don't think it would be a good everyday or curcuit car as the bloody engine is heavy and the rolla would fall apart after awhile.

And i think the V6 would be harder to fit than the 4AGE, youll find all the parts easy for the 4AGE conversion.

Edited by NickZ

well if i DID put a V6 into it, it would just be a drag/burnout/thrash car, because i already have a '92 SX Seca as a daily driver.

would it cost ME under $1000 or do you have some kind of trick up your sleeve? i can pick up a VN commo that is driveable but has rear end damage for $450ono and a KE55 for $300 with rego.

i would be doing as much as possible myself. would i have any change from $1500 not including the purchase of the cars.?

the only problem is practicality. I would like to be able to actually DRIVE the car, not just do burnouts at every stop sign, trafic light, corner etc. hehe.

from your question before i was thinking you wanted a all round car.

ill make everything myself and have everything i need for doing these jobs, so there is no real extra costs i can see for me, but if you have to start paying people for work to be done $1500 will go quick.

so far your cost for the cars is good, as long as the vn donor cars engine and box are good.

I was going to have the engine in tommorow, but it has to wait till next weekend now:(

if the VN is a Auto can i just bolt up a manual gear box, or is there internals to be messed with??

i would like to do 99% of the work myself, and have mates that will be able to lend their expertese for free.

so $1500 would be reasonable then? :laff:

and by a thrash machine, i mean a registered car, that is just a weekend driver, and occasional track day car.

so can anyone say for sure if a V6 into a KE55 would be engineerable??