Ke55- 12a Conversion

MD0086

Members dont see this ad

In short, "how long is a piece of string"?

It would be a reasonably unique conversion, so might be a little more difficult (costly), but not impossible of course. So many variables, so many options. It all boils down to a) how much money do you have and b) what do you want at the end of the day?

haha i was talking to some v8 bogans at gym today, they called a rotary a "chook cooker". rotary, rotisserie. i cracked up :)

pros and cons are typical to any 12a. big power potential, limited reliability and logevity unless you spend big dollars having all the wrong shit changed over for the right shit, even moreso if you get anything more than a mildport. you'll have to modify the transmission tunnet to fit the mazda gearbox in, but it will bolt up in the right spot. custom tailshaft. if you drive like a cock you'll shred the stock diff pretty quick

and yeah, about the only engines that work in corollas without upsetting the weight balance too much are K motors, A motors and rotaries. still, they came out with T motors so they can't be THAT bad. i think if you setup your suspension and steering to compensate, the rest would just be getting used to driving it

you'll need an engineer's certificate for it, however that happens in your applicable state. talk to an engineer before you spend anything, you might have to upgrade the brakes or something else too. all the KE rotary conversions i've seen use the castor rod plates at the front of the engine bay to mount the engine, the original crossmember just remains to support the struts and chassis rails

• 1 year later...

don't start a reliability argument again, it's been done to death on here

yes they use fuel, just as much as if you made 150-200hp with a similar 1300cc motor (4k, a12, g13b, etc)

i want a rotary corolla. but if you had a ke55, you'd put a 13b in it

I have a magizine hot4s toyota special and it has a ke25 with a 13b with rx8 5 speed box, its a awsome rolla!!!

if you want i can give u some more details ?

I'm not a big fan of crossbreeding but this is a very professional job and looks great.