July 29, 200620 yr comment_131044 sorry m8 didnt no............ill fix it up for ya hey guys had alook through out the forums but i couldnt find any info bout putting a 7k into a ke30. just like to know if anyone can help me out......if the mounts already in the ke30 would fit a 7k in. Also would i need a different cross member at the gearbox and mounts??? n cause tha 7k is out of some vans or sumthing n its injected what wuld i need just 2 make it run off a carbi/webber. also the 5k. does that just bolt in?? or is there more mods that you have to do??? would appreciate sum help......once again sorry for the "sms type" spelling. cheers Report
July 29, 200620 yr comment_131046 Thank you, and welcome to Rollaclub. There are a couple of 7K's being fitted at the moment. The guys will be able to fil you in on them once they read this post. As far as 5K's go, they're basically a bolt in conversion. Supposedly 7K's are similar, but I can't definitively say. Cheers R Report
July 29, 200620 yr comment_131053 I'm pretty certain I've heard something about potential height issues with the 7K. Don't quote me on that though, there are people on here that would know far better than I would as pushrod engines just don't do it for me. Report
July 30, 200620 yr comment_131320 I'm pretty sure there is problems with sump clearances on the 7K but you can just swap it for a 5K sump. Usually all the K stuff is interchangable and I'm pretty sure they should both just bolt on. A 7K would go through gearboxes/diffs fairly quick though because they are really torquey. Report
July 30, 200620 yr Author comment_131345 how quick are you talking about??? also does this mean it would spin up on the spot? >:) Report
July 30, 200620 yr comment_131354 Basically bolts straight in, need to modify the sump to suit. 7K has heaps of torque, you won't need to use 1st gear. My KE18 runs a 7K efi, no broken boxes or diffs yet, but then again i drive fairly sedately. :) Report
July 30, 200620 yr Author comment_131372 thanks for the help so far.........Umm also because its injected would i just bolt on a 5k's intake manifold with a webber on it? or would i need to get custom made adaptor plates and stuff??? sorry if these r noob questions. I'm more into rotarys. cheers Report
July 30, 200620 yr comment_131376 You can just bolt on any K series manifold and carby, to keep it economical stick to a single type, twin webers will suck the juice! :) Report
August 1, 200620 yr Author comment_131861 thanks for the help so far. what price am i looking at for a 2nd hand 7k??? cheers Report
August 1, 200620 yr comment_131890 I only just found out that the 7K was available up until last year. I thought they ended production in the late 90's. The KR42R TownAce SBV came with the 7K-E with 60kW & 142Nm on just 9.0:1 compression. Sounds like it'd be good for a bit of boost or a head shave. Report
August 1, 200620 yr comment_131892 Plus it's enough grunt to lug around 1205kg of TownAce, plus up to 1500kg in a trailer, plus whatever the TownAce can hold in it's cargo area. That's with a 5-speed manual transmission (presumably K50), with a 4.556:1 diff ratio. Report
August 2, 200620 yr comment_132029 Its most certainly NOT a K50... G50 I think. can't remember...Teddys got photos of chassis plates. Report
August 3, 200620 yr comment_132158 G-series transmission? I take it that that's not much use for Corollas, but obviously the K50 off a 4K would still bolt onto the 7K, so it wouldn't matter too much. It's more the fact that the 7K was still being made as late as it was. Of course, it'd be pretty expensive to buy one from Toyota, but at least there should be a few K-engined models at wreckers. Report
August 8, 200620 yr comment_133198 I have a 7K in my KE55. It is a very torque motor, i do use 1st gear (cause i never give it too much gas), although i can start from a stop in 3rd. Mine has a 3K sump in it (the 7K is too big). Physically the engine is the same as the other K engines. They came in the Town-Aces (as someone said) and i believe they also produced in the Kijang/Tamaraws in Indonesia and Asia. I got my engine for a bargin ($800, in a KE30, with a 5sp Box and 2in exhaust) although most the others i saw second hand for $1000 - $1500. We've had the engine completely reconditioned and had a few little upgrades ;) (Larger valves, solid lifters, mild cam and more other things that i just can't remember). The previous owner of the engine converted it from EFI to carbys and we are now running twin SU's (from a Triumph Dolamite) although we are still having some problems with those). The engine runs extremely nicely (when the carbys aren't playing up). Should be getting it dyno'd in the next week or so, and will post the figures we get then. I went striaght from a 4k to 7k, so i'm not sure about the 5k, but i do love my 7k :P Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now