7k Or 5k Into Ke30

nedic

sorry m8 didnt no............ill fix it up for ya

hey guys had alook through out the forums but i couldnt find any info bout putting a 7k into a ke30. just like to know if anyone can help me out......if the mounts already in the ke30 would fit a 7k in. Also would i need a different cross member at the gearbox and mounts??? n cause tha 7k is out of some vans or sumthing n its injected what wuld i need just 2 make it run off a carbi/webber. also the 5k. does that just bolt in?? or is there more mods that you have to do??? would appreciate sum help......once again sorry for the "sms type" spelling.

cheers

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you, and welcome to Rollaclub.

There are a couple of 7K's being fitted at the moment. The guys will be able to fil you in on them once they read this post.

As far as 5K's go, they're basically a bolt in conversion. Supposedly 7K's are similar, but I can't definitively say.

Cheers

R

I'm pretty sure there is problems with sump clearances on the 7K but you can just swap it for a 5K sump.

Usually all the K stuff is interchangable and I'm pretty sure they should both just bolt on.

A 7K would go through gearboxes/diffs fairly quick though because they are really torquey.

thanks for the help so far.........Umm also because its injected would i just bolt on a 5k's intake manifold with a webber on it? or would i need to get custom made adaptor plates and stuff???

sorry if these r noob questions. I'm more into rotarys.

cheers

I only just found out that the 7K was available up until last year. I thought they ended production in the late 90's. The KR42R TownAce SBV came with the 7K-E with 60kW & 142Nm on just 9.0:1 compression. Sounds like it'd be good for a bit of boost or a head shave.

G-series transmission? I take it that that's not much use for Corollas, but obviously the K50 off a 4K would still bolt onto the 7K, so it wouldn't matter too much. It's more the fact that the 7K was still being made as late as it was. Of course, it'd be pretty expensive to buy one from Toyota, but at least there should be a few K-engined models at wreckers.

I have a 7K in my KE55. It is a very torque motor, i do use 1st gear (cause i never give it too much gas), although i can start from a stop in 3rd. Mine has a 3K sump in it (the 7K is too big). Physically the engine is the same as the other K engines. They came in the Town-Aces (as someone said) and i believe they also produced in the Kijang/Tamaraws in Indonesia and Asia. I got my engine for a bargin ($800, in a KE30, with a 5sp Box and 2in exhaust) although most the others i saw second hand for $1000 - $1500. We've had the engine completely reconditioned and had a few little upgrades ;) (Larger valves, solid lifters, mild cam and more other things that i just can't remember). The previous owner of the engine converted it from EFI to carbys and we are now running twin SU's (from a Triumph Dolamite) although we are still having some problems with those). The engine runs extremely nicely (when the carbys aren't playing up). Should be getting it dyno'd in the next week or so, and will post the figures we get then. I went striaght from a 4k to 7k, so i'm not sure about the 5k, but i do love my 7k :P