Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Nt General Discussion

Featured Replies

  • Author

Hrrm tempting. I am not sure what I will be doing with the shocks and springs I would more then likely sell them.

 

I got the springs/shocks at cost anyways.

 

Lol, just called JNL crankshafts then. A younger bloke/kid answered the phone, was rather weird, he went quiet for about 30 seconds and then said, ohh wait Justin isnt here then took my details, Justin will call me later :jamie:

 

So yeah was quite um awkward?

Edited by Pure-SX

  • Replies 1.5k
  • Views 217.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hrrm tempting. I am not sure what I will be doing with the shocks and springs I would more then likely sell them.

 

I got the springs/shocks at cost anyways.

 

Lol, just called JNL crankshafts then. A younger bloke/kid answered the phone, was rather weird, he went quiet for about 30 seconds and then said, ohh wait Justin isnt here then took my details, Justin will call me later :hmm:

 

So yeah was quite um awkward?

 

Coilovers are for chumps. Spend the money on soemthing more fancy :jamie:

  • Author

Meh may we well get it all fancy :jamie:

 

Just got off the phone with Justin, there quiet busy but will have my quote sometime next week :y:. Good to have an actual chat and guess what he actually sounded like he knew what he was talking about haha :hmm:

What are you potentially getting done there? The whole engine build?

 

I need to talk to them sometime, need them to work magic with one of my 4A heads. They're both in pretty sorry states :jamie:

 

Want to cut down their cost heaps though by doing as much as I can myself. But no doubt cost is still going to be high.

 

Fail!

  • Author

Getting JNL to do the whole engine build. top to bottom

exactly i've heard rotary sr's, rb's with screamers but never a 4age could be good might not be but i'm gonna find out :jamie:

i hope engine will turn up end of week after next

f@$k machining is expensive :jamie:

 

$440 for JNL to rebuild the head pretty much.

 

$250 if I do most of the labour myself.

 

f@$ken, tempted to just give it to them and say f@$k it. but thats a lot of dosh.

  • Author

Lol I won't show you rebuild quote when I get it then :jamie:

 

Come join us Danno join the dark side = Govt worker :hmm:

haha, nah I understand yours will be hugemungenous but dang it. I just wanted it to be cheaper!

 

I suppose $250 is ok but jsut means I have to learn how to set tappets with shims and bullshit. farken.

  • Author

True true, one of those things I could probably sit down read a book and do a dodgy rebuild but would rather do it right the first time and get someone who knows what their doing rofl.

 

Was a fully worked head on toymods not long ago, same head as he uses on his engine combo, didn't need it spare. Was a really nice head to :jamie:, I mean fark, he used it on his 30psi 4agte :hmm: made over 300rwkw :y:

saving $200 by spending an hour doing stuff yourself is gunnery though. So hopefully I can convince myself its worth it :jamie:

haha, nah I understand yours will be hugemungenous but dang it. I just wanted it to be cheaper!

 

I suppose $250 is ok but jsut means I have to learn how to set tappets with shims and bullshit. farken.

Err... do 4A-GE's actually have tappets??? I don't think so...

 

And from what I've seen, setting the shims isn't actually that difficult. You just need a feeler gauge and a guide to what clearances you need.

Err... do 4A-GE's actually have tappets??? I don't think so...

 

And from what I've seen, setting the shims isn't actually that difficult. You just need a feeler gauge and a guide to what clearances you need.

 

Haha no they don't, but I'm used to ye olde 4K. Bucket and shim clearancse sound like a bit of witch craft to me. Don't you need differenet shims and things too or some such? I dunno, I'll read up before I strip ze head.

  • Author

DAMN ALL THOSE HIGH TECH GIZMO AND FLUX CAPACITOR CONUNDRUM STUFF THAT MAKES OUR CARS GO VROOM VROOM FASTER :jamie:

 

But yeah I would look into it before one attempted to rebuild a head :hmm:

Bah, bits go where they're meant to. Clearance if for chumps! 8k rpm, and clearances will sort themselves out! :jamie:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.