Nt General Discussion

Pure-SX

Hrrm tempting. I am not sure what I will be doing with the shocks and springs I would more then likely sell them.

I got the springs/shocks at cost anyways.

Lol, just called JNL crankshafts then. A younger bloke/kid answered the phone, was rather weird, he went quiet for about 30 seconds and then said, ohh wait Justin isnt here then took my details, Justin will call me later :jamie:

So yeah was quite um awkward?

Edited by Pure-SX

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hrrm tempting. I am not sure what I will be doing with the shocks and springs I would more then likely sell them.

I got the springs/shocks at cost anyways.

Lol, just called JNL crankshafts then. A younger bloke/kid answered the phone, was rather weird, he went quiet for about 30 seconds and then said, ohh wait Justin isnt here then took my details, Justin will call me later :hmm:

So yeah was quite um awkward?

Coilovers are for chumps. Spend the money on soemthing more fancy :jamie:

Meh may we well get it all fancy :jamie:

Just got off the phone with Justin, there quiet busy but will have my quote sometime next week :y:. Good to have an actual chat and guess what he actually sounded like he knew what he was talking about haha :hmm:

What are you potentially getting done there? The whole engine build?

I need to talk to them sometime, need them to work magic with one of my 4A heads. They're both in pretty sorry states :jamie:

Want to cut down their cost heaps though by doing as much as I can myself. But no doubt cost is still going to be high.

Fail!

True true, one of those things I could probably sit down read a book and do a dodgy rebuild but would rather do it right the first time and get someone who knows what their doing rofl.

Was a fully worked head on toymods not long ago, same head as he uses on his engine combo, didn't need it spare. Was a really nice head to :jamie:, I mean fark, he used it on his 30psi 4agte :hmm: made over 300rwkw :y:

haha, nah I understand yours will be hugemungenous but dang it. I just wanted it to be cheaper!

I suppose $250 is ok but jsut means I have to learn how to set tappets with shims and bullshit. farken.

Err... do 4A-GE's actually have tappets??? I don't think so...

And from what I've seen, setting the shims isn't actually that difficult. You just need a feeler gauge and a guide to what clearances you need.

Err... do 4A-GE's actually have tappets??? I don't think so...

And from what I've seen, setting the shims isn't actually that difficult. You just need a feeler gauge and a guide to what clearances you need.

Haha no they don't, but I'm used to ye olde 4K. Bucket and shim clearancse sound like a bit of witch craft to me. Don't you need differenet shims and things too or some such? I dunno, I'll read up before I strip ze head.