Pure-SX

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I plan to somewhat remedy Torque Steer with an LSD of some sort. I have just had a brain fart. Do any of the E-Series boxes come with Equal length driveshaft set ups?

I doubt it.

Or dodgy engine blowing up or you smashing into a pole perhaps?

Most likely probability unfortunately. :jamie:

Yeah it does to some extent. However most of the Corolla stuff is interchangeable I believe. Main thing I would guess would be gearbox size would be one of the main differences in the shaft length.

The AE101 20V "Equal Length" driveshafts were the ones I found out had a 15-20mm shorter shaft. Don't know. Found on twincam but one of the more reputable posters.

nope i would but i carnt find a cheap t25 or 28 that came standerd without a internal one

i got one thats cuts the dump pipe in half and vents the wastegate side to atmo, better exhaust flow

Won't the MVR/TAC rip you a new one for having a screamer pipe?

Plus, haven't heard a good one yet!

Yeah it does to some extent. However most of the Corolla stuff is interchangeable I believe. Main thing I would guess would be gearbox size would be one of the main differences in the shaft length.

The AE101 20V "Equal Length" driveshafts were the ones I found out had a 15-20mm shorter shaft. Don't know. Found on twincam but one of the more reputable posters.

I think you'd find that it depends a lot more on the positioning of the engine. If the gearbox is on the left side of the engine, then the engine needs to be placed as far right as possible so as to get the gearbox as central as possible. This allows the use of equal length driveshafts. Toyota are by nature more interested in building good cars as cheaply as possible, and generally engine positioning is based on this more than on reducing torque steer.