T-18/te72 Fastback

chrisandliz

hi boyz, i guess the title says most of what i need to say.

i took a look at this car thinking of a parts car, BUT I bought it for a daily driver.

my kids want to me to call it "Vash the Stampede"

post-1514-1157103204_thumb.jpg

post-1514-1157103242_thumb.jpg

post-1514-1157103274_thumb.jpg

i have some plans

but i sure no one really cares

so

thanks

chris

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well i under estimate the work on the car :)

it is all easy to do :thumbsup: but a pain in the arse.

I had to replace the front struts (the kyb struts i just bought for the ke70 grrrrr)

then i bled the brakes and the rear slaves burst!!! so i replace them. then the master started to leak, so i serviced the hole frik'n brake system.

now the clutch master is leaking, so i have to replace the master and slave. as service kits are not available.

plus the t50 is leaking out the arse end so i will have to replace the $3.50 seal with a $45 tool :) (at least i'll have the tools for nexted time)

perfomance wise i'm only going half arsed.

i'm thinking about puting a 2t head with twin spings on my "cheap arse rebuild" then put a 32/36 weber on and a mild cam.

well, thank for reading my bitching (big shout out to lappy)

Chris

plus the t50 is leaking out the arse end so i will have to replace the $3.50 seal with a $45 tool :thumbsup: (at least i'll have the tools for nexted time)

If you are talking about the rear seal, there is only three average tools required to replace it:

long flat bladed screwy, hammer and a socket with a slightly smaller OD than the seal.

Cheers, Rob

wicked another t-18 hell yeh, there are lots of things that can be done with these beast efi off a 2tgue, turbo, and nos if you wanna be like the boys in the states runnig 7 seconds, good luck with it anyway mate keep us posted

Edited by roids70

well, i pulled the Gearbox out yesterday. and i must say "dam is a t50 easyer to pull out than a k50"

i guess a picture talks for it self

post-1514-1157505595_thumb.jpg

"the brass is shiny cos it was rubbing on steel"

i'll use up to room on this post

post-1514-1157505821_thumb.jpg

post-1514-1157505843_thumb.jpg

"the bike is a gpx250 btw"

i'll looking for doors and a hood, but i have a number on my mb. but this guy works away and it will be a few more weeks till he gets home ;)

How long did it take to get the T50 out?

I thought K series boxes were the easiest gearbox to pull.

;)

about fifthteen min or so. this easyer (in my mine) you can just undo the clutch slave and move it to one side, so you don't need to get into the car to pull out the clutch cable.

and you only need one 14mm and one 17mm.

To pull the seal at the back of the T50, i used circlip pliers. To pull it back again i uesd an old thrust bearing (if it works, it works)

i'm putting the stereo in today (not to flash) it's just an old Pioneer head unit with Pioneer 6x9s in the rear, and the standard speakers in the front (have to save up to get something better)