T-18/te72 Fastback

chrisandliz

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tis a dead set ringer of my first car! i loved mine :)

Lets hope you look after urs better than i did mine :D

what did you do to yours?

if luck holds out, i'll never crash my T18. yet to damage some one else's car

i have only ever backed a trailer into my own KE70, yet to drop a bike too.(i think i ride like a muppet)

well i getting bored with the 3t-c and i'm looking for A "G" to convert.

any one got a 3tgte having about??

yeah its probly a better way to go about it in the end the 8 plug head isnt anything worth hanging onto and the 2t efi intake points foward its good. but its not really a cheap option if your going to build one, buying a factory 3tgt and just chucking it in can be done cheap though.

I never crashed mine, i bought it for $50, did a home respray and drove it around for over 2 years, rust took its hold and rather than fixing it i took it off the road and used it for a paddock bomb

In the end almost everything on it was stuffed, i broke a strut top, bent a strut etc, its just being used as a parts car now :D That said it was still running fine when i pulled the motor out :P

T-18's ROCK!

i was out today give'n it some, and the T18 was a bit "like a wet spung" and later i was out in my KE70 and it out handled the T18 easyly.

"BAD BOY" i have slow points around my house and i use them to test out my suspension.

the Ke70 was about 10km fastest. i was a bit puzzeled till i had a look at the arse ends of both cars.

here is the T18 with out the stabliser bar

post-1514-1158302650_thumb.jpg

and the ke70 with a stabliser bar

post-1514-1158302743_thumb.jpg

so i'm looking around for a doner 1983-4 KE70 (i think the early model lights look like sad eyes, so i want to change them to later model ones)

on the plus side the T18 has the holes for the houseings and all i have to bolt it in and weld a small braket to the diff. all i need is the doner at a good price.

i got an AE71 sprit for parts, gotta love the quokka. here are some pics before i started at her

post-1514-1158821480_thumb.jpg

post-1514-1158821513_thumb.jpg

post-1514-1158821556_thumb.jpg

post-1514-1158821613_thumb.jpg

i change the diff over, rather than cut it up.

this made other problems, the BW diff is about 20mm longer so the tail shaft was too short. so i had to get the tail shaft out of a ke70. this worked but the brakes a now playing up again. :D

the rain was so hard that i had to give up for today, but i'll have it sorted out tomorrow.

i'm thinking about whiteline springs, gonna sell parts for the AE71 to get the funds.

so i'll have a T50 and a few other bits and peices for sale

You put a BW diff in ya T-18 ???????

yes that right, i did not see the problem with the swap. the origanl ratio was 3.(7.8) and i swaped it to a 3.9

"fell free to offer your 2 cents"

but on a different note, why must i always fail :P

the brakes are pulling my chain still.

the brake master is sucking air big time. when the brake is pushed nothing happens, but then let it off and air bubbles come out in the fluid return. this happend with the AE71 master too.

i guess i'll have to explore and discover the problem. (and i was so looking forward to driving her to work)

Edited by chrisandliz

hey if it works it works :P

T-18s came with 3.9's and 3.7's with 4.1's directly swapping in from TA22's, i just installed a locked 4.1 TA22 center in my T-18 diff the other day.

Everyone loves the T series as 4.1's are easy to find, as are LSD's from japan. If its any conselation someone will probably wanna pay you 100-200$ for the T-18 dif if its any good :P

If your really keen some KE70 wagons came with 4.3 borgwarners but youd have to weld on the spring mounts etc