Ae112 Sportivo Turbo

GReddy_es

Members dont see this ad

nope, actually i've had a few looks at mine and i haven't yet found the stock bov. i do get a quiet sound, but i'm thinking it's the wastegate.

i've got plans to remove the huge amounts of plastic intake piping and put a much shorter pipe to a pod filter, i'll be sticking a bov on that pipe for sure though

nope, actually i've had a few looks at mine and i haven't yet found the stock bov. i do get a quiet sound, but i'm thinking it's the wastegate.

i've got plans to remove the huge amounts of plastic intake piping and put a much shorter pipe to a pod filter, i'll be sticking a bov on that pipe for sure though

my mechanic had a look thru and he said that there's possibly not even a BOV..not even a factory one..thats why i'm looking/asking arnd if any other sportivo owners might have put an aftermarket one..and what type they've gone for..

yeah..same here..intake piping has to go..haha

mate, bov's aren't just for ricers, they're to stop pressure building up in your turbo/intake and damaging it. most bovs plumb back into the exhaust and don't make any noise. if you even had half a clue on how turbo engines worked you'd know this. get over yourself.

Edited by Terminal

mate, bov's aren't just for ricers, they're to stop pressure building up in your turbo/intake and damaging it. most bovs plumb back into the exhaust and don't make any noise. if you even had half a clue on how turbo engines worked you'd know this. get over yourself.

bovs are meant to plumback into the intake.

if a 7ate doesnt come with a bov, it doesnt need one unless your upping the boost.

i think i do have half a clue on how turbo engines work because I'm a mechanic.

Obviously you don't have a clue due to this earlier comment.

Quote: "i've got plans to remove the huge amounts of plastic intake piping and put a much shorter pipe to a pod filter, i'll be sticking a bov on that pipe for sure though"

bovs go on the boost side idiot.

Edited by Robert

"bovs go on the boost side idiot."

no shit sherlock, that's the pressured intake piping i'm talking about replacing. sorry i didn't explian it in great detail for you.

mate i'm an engineer, i know how engines work probably better than you. don't try and one up me, if you have a problem with 'ricers' then take it somewhere else.

Yawn.......

How about we all pop off and do a bit of introspective navel gazing, and if I can be bothered, I'll open the thread again in twenty four hours.

Play nice kiddies, or I won't be so kind in future. Greddy, I apologise for taking this action to your thread.

See you all in 24.

yikes.....

99.9% of turbo cars don't need a BOV.

the snapping of turbo shafts is a myth, only a factor on full house race engines or stupid boost amounts.

the only reason they are on cars OEM is for noise purposes.

and saying it helps lags is again BS for 99.9% of cars. only applicibe in flat out racing.

and heres more myth.....

the super loud ones like the HKS ones are worse than not having one or having a small one.

that noise you hear is boost, the more noise, the more boost your losing. they make that noise by having a soft spring. the softer the spring the slower they are to close, so the first fractions of a second on throttle are wasted as they vent.

if you MUST fit one, go for a plain plastic bosch one like off a rx7, and plumb it back in.

o btw..... turbo timers are a waste of time as well... but thats another story!