K Banger

casey

Well i have a 4k and want a little extra oomph, i brought a 3k big port for $60 and I'm gonna slap her on.

My main concern is Lloyd (ke30man) had done the same thing but toothily f****d the engine, he says it was too much compression.

I don't want to totally kill my 4k so what can i do to get the best head conversion.

Thanks Casey

P.S.. At a latter date i pulled lloyds 4k down to reveal a cracked piston

yep and i spell checked it

Edited by casey

Members dont see this ad

hello all i am lloyd, if you didnt already know. when i had this head on my 4k would get what i imagine is a piston shudder under about 2000 or so rpm. bare in mind this was a totally stock motor to begin with and i am only guessing that it would about 11-1 comp. my motor was reasonably tired aswell. casey i wouldnt recomend using this head unless you get your bottom end balanced. if you want a bit more oomph just chuck a normal 3k head on it and a gemini carbie

cheers, lloyd

ohk i just went and had a look at both of the heads, one is stock and the other one i have Mentioned, the stock one obviously has a bit more beef on it compared to the other one, the other one isn't a non-heron type head, i found this out buy running a ruler across is and it didn't grab on any sparkplugs so I'm guessing that's how you do it

all with no spelling mistakes

whats the point of using a different head to raise compression, and then putting a de-comp plate in it to bring it back down again!! :P ;)

ps, pabs are dead shits and will normally give you absolutely no "usefull" info. the de-comp plate they spoke about is probably 1 that you would use to de-comp an engine for turboing!!

pps,........your grammar still leave a bit to be desired!!