Ke20 / Ke25 Swaybar Upgrade

styler

hey checked the ke25 swaybar and it seems to be about 17mm or so which is pretty

small diameter,

now the ke30 swaybar at 18mm?

and late ke55 swaybar at 20mm?

are both thicker, but can they be fitted or modified to fit to the ke25?

or has anyone used another stock swaybar successfully?

whiteline have a 20mm one and a 24mm one (overkill) both at about $220ea,

but if a later ke model rolla swaybar fits it would save some cash...

Members dont see this ad

I was told of a mod to do by a friend of mine but I'm not sure if it'll work well yet as I havent tried it yet.

Basically, find another stock swaybar (or use one of the ones you have there) cut both ends off so its like a straight stick and u-bolt it to your stock swaybar (make sure you go through the swaybar holes in the mounts.

A u-bolt either end and two in between those and evenly space them.

Apparently its supposed to stiffen up the front end a fair bit.

Something to think about anyway ;)

Edited by Raven

I think the ke3x/5x swaybars may be a little wide for a ke2x, Mick you could probably check this

easy as couldnt you?

I was told of a mod to do by a friend of mine but I'm not sure if it'll work well yet as I havent tried it yet.

Basically, find another stock swaybar (or use one of the ones you have there) cut both ends off so its like a straight stick and u-bolt it to your stock swaybar (make sure you go through the swaybar holes in the mounts.

A u-bolt either end and two in between those and evenly space them.

Apparently its supposed to stiffen up the front end a fair bit.

Something to think about anyway :D

I did this to the rear of my ke30 (late ke55 diff). I used a second ke55 swaybar with the mounts cut off and

the U-clamps that usually clamp the swaybar to the diff... Hard to explain, i have pics somewhere if anyone is interested. It seems to make a little difference, could be done a lot better, i was just experimenting.

Scott.

Easier to mount it to the castor arms with some clamps. This way a later one should fit. This is how the Selby's/K Mac set ups Ive had seem to do it.

Another option is 70's Mazda, as they are about the same width. I ran a aftermarket set up from a Mazda (stuffed if I know what model it was from, it was given to me as it didnt fit my cousins 808) that was almost a perfect fit onto a KE35. Made a noticable difference :D

Later on I had a KE35 kit that I got cheap bolted up onto my KE20