HEKTIC

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

it DOESNT REQUIRE taking it over the pits, you just have to take it to a certified inspection station, most mechanical workshops can do them,

what are you going to be using the car for over the next few years??

you might even want to leave it unregoed

sorry by "pit inspection" I mean a certified inspection station. same thing as having an inspection to register a car normally. :(

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

Took the rear bumper off and took out drivers side tail light out so that i could have easier access to the parts that need to be fixed, I will be starting to fix the body work on the weekend starting from the rear and slowly making my way to the front. Cheers John

post-2021-1160641574_thumb.jpg

post-2021-1160641714_thumb.jpg

Dad and i did a little bit of work this afternoon, we got the dolly and the hammer out and fixed up a couple of dents and put some bog on, I'm pretty happy with how it turned out it will need a little more bog but not much so it will have to wait untill i need to fill a bigger area.

post-2021-1160729801.jpg

Bog On

post-2021-1160729886.jpg

Bog Sanded into the right shape just needs some extra on the corner

Well this weekend i got the rear quarter done and the boot, I'm pretty happy with the results. They will need to be primed soon so that they are sealed from the elements.

post-2021-1160894086.jpg

With painted tail light surround

post-2021-1160894176.jpg

without

post-2021-1160894262.jpg

boot

well i still have a long way to go but I'm happy with what ive done so far.

John

• 2 months later...

cheers mate, i guess i better update this thread.

Well the car has seen better days but its slowly getting there. I got a new battery for it today, and for christmas i will be getting some new seats off casey (flat out), beefing the spring count up to 8leafs either side after the new year.

Then i will lower it 1-1/4" in the rear and chop the springs around the same in the front. I will then be in the market for a set of 14" rims either bathurst globes or some the same as whats in my signature so if anyone in tassie has some that they want to sell PM ME!

I'm also looking for a ta22 or ra23 diff 4.1 or 3.9 doesnt bother me which and also id prefer it to be open centred, once again anyone with such an item PM ME!

Then i will paint it and have a new pinstripe made and hopefully it will be looking something like my signature then i will be looking for a 2tg, 3tc or 4age- with twin weber carbs.

Picture time:

post-2021-1166265098_thumb.jpg

i love primer

post-2021-1166265180_thumb.jpg

god damn that looks ugly ;)

post-2021-1166265253_thumb.jpg

i still love that primer :)