Datsun 1200 . Com Sucks!!!

mikeys toy

Members dont see this ad

yeah i agree datsun1200 isnt the best setup.. its barely moderated (pretty much self moderated) but i think you'll find most people on there know what their talking about, so you'll get your answer if you ask a question..

without it there would be no datsunownerstas.com due to thats where it started but big cheers to nick for the domain :jamie:

my 2c

I used to be a rather active member on datsun1200.com, while I was looking for a Datto Sunny. I found the site was a bloody friendly site, and the members were all not only enthusiasts, but knew exactly what they were talking about as well. It was a friendly environment, and if you asked a blatantly obvious question, you weren't shot down in flames... they would take the time and answer your question, or make a friendly referral to where I could find the answer.

To be honest, I actually came across RollaClub browsing through it looking for a Corolla to buy from the classifieds. I had no real intention of staying around.. but the friendliness of a few members made me realise how friendly and nice that the forum was. For example, when I'd posted my wanted ad' in the classifieds, i had about 7 or 8 people wishing me luck and being friendly. Thats what drawn me to Rollaclub...

However, these days in my limited time on the net (either at work, school, or in the car most of the time), I've found that I've almost been steering away from RollaClub. Not because I don't like it here, but because a small minority of absolute f@$kwits with no commitment to the club, come on and expect every obvious question to be delivered to them on a silver platter, even though they only really asked the question because it had just popped into there head - seemed like a good idea at the time.

Now, everyone has f@$kin' noticed that this is pissing alot of the well known members off. Everyone is fed up with the bullshit that comes from these questions - half of the mechanical section is bullshit uneducated questions coming from people who probably drive there mothers Civic most days of the week.. who expect the answers on the silver platter, as mentioned earlier. But what is a f@$k around, is people either don't post at all (this has a ripple effect in the other forums) or post simply verbal abuse at everyone... is that the bloody environment that we want to be in?

Don't get me wrong. I love Rollaclub. Because, thats what it is - we are a club. We are the small minority of motoring enthusiasts that are enthusiastic about modifying Corollas. We live for this shit.

Sadly, we have a small minority of f@$kwits that want to ruin our friendly environment - and these f@$kwits are making this club run downhill. Combine that with a team of grumpy admin and mods (with good f@$kin' reason... and this club will die.

Dan.