Webber Fitting Advice

camerondownunder88

Hi,

Just wanting to know if you run a webber on a 4K motor that is bog stock will I need to also run a set of extractors?

Also what will it take to fit the webber? Is it as simple as an adaptor plate? I was looking around at photos here but it seems there are a few types of webbers so what parts are needed for what type of webber?

And last of all I am planing to put this 4K inot a KE30 rolla. After I install the webber will the pollution gear fit back on or how should I go about running the carbon canister etc? And if I can use the polution gear is it lefal to run a webber with out it in a KE30?

Cameron

Members dont see this ad

Hi,

Ok so I can install the carby with no extractors good.

With the adaptor plate I talked to the guy this morning and it comes with one so that should be no worries.

Now for the polution system does it go into the carby at all in the KE30?

And can't the webbers take a polution system as they were pre 19XX so they never needed it?

Cameron

Hi,

Well the webber I picked up came off a wrecked KE70 so I grabbed manifold,webber and adaptor plate and lines. So Hoping it will bolt into my KE30. But I wannaa keep the polution gerar as on a KE30 all it really is is the carbon canisster to get fuel fuems back to tank and the oil fume line back into the inlet. Ill see what I can do in the way of rigging it up. As I have to use car for a daily driver but want more omph from the 4K so got the webber. So want to keep polution gear on it just so if were ever pulled over it is there to say.

Cameron

BTW,

If you run cam webber and no extractors I am pretty sure the exhaust can't get out so puts to much back pressure on the motor and forces clean air fuel oout the top of carby and in worse case car wont run.

Simple answer cam will let more air in so u need to get it out faster than before and stock exhaust well it is a big small to shift any extra air.

Cameron

Hi,

Well the webber I picked up came off a wrecked KE70 so I grabbed manifold,webber and adaptor plate and lines. So Hoping it will bolt into my KE30. But I wannaa keep the polution gerar as on a KE30 all it really is is the carbon canisster to get fuel fuems back to tank and the oil fume line back into the inlet. Ill see what I can do in the way of rigging it up. As I have to use car for a daily driver but want more omph from the 4K so got the webber. So want to keep polution gear on it just so if were ever pulled over it is there to say.

Cameron

What Weber are you using? If you just put a weber on with no other mods, it won't give you much more power. The only thing you'll gain is that its easier to tune. The carbon canister only has 2 vacuum lines going to it so connect them to the base plate of the carby, same with the pcv.

Ok well for added power to the 4K I'm getting better parts for it slowly on a tight as budget so I'm planing to get extractors etc soon. So any difference is better than none.

The webber tell you the truth I havent seen it was in the car other day and he said it was for sale and car was going with it on. He said soon as he fits his 4age into the KE70 I can have it so I know it works but havent seen it. But I'm going to have a closer look at it tomorrow so I can post pics and info then.

cameron

Depending ont he size & specs of your cam, you will get what is called "reversion"

Which is where the fuel sprays out the carby and can potentially start a fire if it backfires

Thanks Nick. My car has blown two head gaskets in three days. Its fine for the moment but just wanted to check that this wasnt a reason for it.

i just fitted a 32/36 DGAV Webber to my 4k powered KE55. car went like a peice of shit until i had it re-jetted to suit the motor. removed all of the polution stuff and connected the carbon canister to the base plate on the manifold. just had a full exhaust system fitted (extractors full 2 inch system) an now it needs rejeting again. if youre going to do an exhaust do it first before getting the carby jetted. save money. the webber is the best mod i have done to the car. alot more bottom end torque with slightly more top end. very easy to fit. took about an hour to do.

Hi,

Got a photo of the webber now. It is a down draft so will bolt on to standard manifold.

But when installing on my car might sound silly but can i hook a KE30 polution system into a webber? I know i can on carbon canister and the vac line to dissy butis that it?

Also below is a pic of the webber with a line plug can anyone tell me where this line goes?

post-1811-1159772055_thumb.jpg

Cameron