My Wife Just Crashed Our Car

As you can guess, my wife had an episode in the family wagon. After taking the boys to swimming lessons she was heading back to town when the car turned right all of a sudden at 100km/h. She described it as "hitting a pothole", but there wasn't any on the road.

The car has crossed over the road onto the opposite verge and went over a concrete culvert (which lifted the nose of the car off the ground) and then spun back across the road into a ditch.

Luckily my wife and our two sons (12 months and 4 weeks old) seem to be fine but the car was flat topped back into town as the diff centre was ripped off the body as well as other suspension and body damage.

It looks like the inner guard has come out and went under the right hand front wheel causing the car to turn right.

And Victoria's finest :dance: made my day worse by fining me for speeding on the way to the accident :)

Edited by coln72

Members dont see this ad

wrong side of 120km/h.......

At least he didn't give me the fine on the spot, but took my details to "discuss it with his Sergant". Not holding my breath though.

Couldnt get any photos as the battery in the camera was flat :dance:

Been a bad month for my family. One cousin had her RX8 tboned by a dipshit running a red light. Just over 500km on the clock and it was written off and another cousin had their house burn down leaving them with just the clothes on their backs.

Yeah my Uncle got let off for running red lights going to my cousins crash so I should talk to him if I get fined :)

List of damage

front crossmember

right hand strut

buckled front wheel (wouldn't rotate as it jammed against the strut)

right hand guard

front and rear bumper extensions

diff housing (its got a dirty big hole in it :dance:)

All in all she was VERY lucky

OMG I hope your wife and sons are ok, as for the speeding ticket, I got one when my daughter broke her arm and I was speeding to the hospital with her NO empathy from the cop, but then I was speaking to the sargeant my local police station and he said I should have written a letter explaining and they would have waived it.

So if it comes in the mail, write a letter!!!

Lesley :2thumbs: