Everything posted by Jooboy
-
Cracked Dash Pad
My dash is cracked (holey crap I didn't see that coming) and replacements seem to be near impossible. I know that there is the ordering thread here but before I pass over some hard earned I'm just wondering if anyone else has had any different ideas (modifications) that can be done. If not I will just have to be a patient man and wait
-
Dash Conversion
Hey guys I just got my KPH dash cluster to replace the MPH one that's in the KE20 (thanks seabiscuit) Just wondering if there is anything I will need to look out for? Is the wiring the same or will I need to change wiring/plugs etc? I'm doing it at a mates place so need to know if I can do it in a day
-
Friday Night Munch Inn Gatherings
Pick the car up in the morning so should be coming this week
-
Friday Night Munch Inn Gatherings
Stupid suspension still isn't done |blink| hopefully will be there by next week
-
Qld Members Census...
Member Name - Jooboy - Ben Area - Lutwyche/windsor Daily Drive - the Bus Penny is for the weekends and to suck my wallet dry
-
Friday Night Munch Inn Gatherings
May well be coming as well depending on my front end. Went in this morning so hopefully will be ready for the highway by Friday
-
Ke20 - Removing Back Seats
oh snap I wan't aware of that does that cost alot to get sorted? I'm guessing blue plate as such? In the end I'll need one anyway when I get the ca installed
-
Ke20 - Removing Back Seats
Hey guys I'm planning on removing the back seats as I am buying a daily with the missus and now I can go a bit nuts with penny the twenny (socre!) being 6"2' it's a bit of a tight squeeze and I'm thinking of taking out the backs seats and installing a half cage to make way for the engine conversion. What I really want to know is is it possible to fiddle with the front rails to make the seat sit further back (as I said 6"2') I don't really want to get crazy racing buckets as yet so I'm thinking more of stock seats (or other classic seats) with modified rails to sit further back. Has anyone done anything like this?
-
Friday Night Munch Inn Gatherings
If my steering wasn't so royally munted I would go Should be sorting that out next week though
-
Welcome New Members...
sounds like a plan ;)
-
Rack And Pinion
Super helpful. I'm thinking I may be better off to just upgrade what I have as it's just going to be a road car. I was hoping there would be an easy conversion to do from a later model rolla. But if not I will just upgrade the stockies
-
Rack And Pinion
I recently bought a KE20 2 door and as I'm sure you all noticed I don't really know squat about it (hence all the threads) I have noticed that Rack and pinions setups can be done for enhanced steering but I'm just wondering how to go about it? A) can I get a setup out of a later model corolla and transfer it over B) Do I need to get a new setup fabricated (I hope not cause I like money in my wallet) Also I live in Brisbane so if anybody does know a good place to go let me know Cheers Ben
-
Retractable Seatbelts - Ke20
I just ordered them :hmm: YAY COMFY SEAT BELTS!!!!! All I need now is for my car so go in a straight line :wink:
-
Welcome New Members...
Hey dudes and dudettes. I Ben (Jooboy) The nickname is a long story that I will tell you in person :wink: I live in Chermside atm but about to move a bit closer to the city. I just bought Penny the Twenny from that Bekkah chick but found Munji Mods on the forum who has already been super helpful. In the process now of getiing the interior cleaned up and the suspension/steering overhaled before I get into the major mods Hope to see you guys out and about
-
Friday Night Munch Inn Gatherings
can't make tomorrow but will be totally keen next week Penny the twenny doesn't wanna go in a straight line :wink:
-
Installing Tachos.
Hey guys I actually bought it I looked into it as i know the MPH conversion math and it was still incorrect. Have the 5 speed it's giving a different reading (incorrect) as it's a different ratio. Luckily Mungi mods has the kit needed to make it acurate and I'm getting a KPH dash in hopefully next week for cheap as. New dash soon too (Raven woo), new interior carpets, respray etc etc I'll make a thread one of these days
-
Brothers Of Destructions Ta22's (undertaker And Kane)
Every time I go to FG I see how many you have in your yard most I counted was 4 at once :hmm:
-
Retractable Seatbelts - Ke20
Awesome. Thanks for the help guys. If anyone knows a place to buy them from would be sweet. And if anyone lives in Brissie and want to give me a hand once I got em theres beer in it for you :wink:
-
Bosskits
damn good question. I already need to squeeze in without a dishy wheel and a huge mofo boss kit (it's hard being 6"2' sometimes) also if you change to rack and pinnion steering can you shorten the column?
-
Retractable Seatbelts - Ke20
Has anybody done this conversion at all? I can see that there are plenty of kits available but is it a real mission to do? any advice would be great cheers
-
Classic Wheels
I tried though but yes that is somewhat easier
-
Classic Wheels
MA@R SSR Air Stage: SSR Bright Speed: SSR Casablanca: SSR Formula Mesh: SSR MKI: SSR MKII: SSR MKIII: SSR Star Shark: SSR Super Star: SSR Tomcat: Star Line: Techno Phantom: Techno Racing: Techno Shadow: Tom's: TRA Kyoto Napalm: TRD: Volk C1: Volk Mesh: RS-Watanabe 4-spoke: RS-Watanabe Falcon Mesh: RS-Watanabe RS8 Type A: RS-Watanabe RS8 Type B: Weds Heartbeat: Weds Albino: Weds Racing Forg: Winds Auto Barrell: Wonder Rabbit: Work Equip 01: Work Equip 02: Work Equip 03: YSA:
-
Classic Wheels
There are a bunch of different wheels around for the older type rolla's that we all know and love Some I heave never heard of before and most probably wouldn't be able to source (in the country at least) So here is a nice list of different wheels I found on the net Some may have an incorrect name so just let me know and I will adjust also some don't have names so yar same as above Hope it helps someone :jamie: Advan A3A: Advan A3E: Advan Racing Dish: Advan unknown: August Feroce: Compomotive: Enkei unknown: Enkei Apache: Enkei AP Racing: Enkei Mesh: Epsilon Mesh: Hayashi Bomber: Hayashi 503 Mesh, aka Perrier: Hayashi street: Hayashi Yayoi/Sakura: Impul Hoshino: Impul Pro-Mesh: Longchamp XR-4 Mugen MR5: Riken: Southern Ways Mesh: Riverge (green):
-
Penelope....penny The Twennnny
Hey guys. I BOUGHT IT In the process of getting some stuff replaced like the front PS door and bootlid - will be way easier that geting rust repaired I reckon Suspension is getting overhauled as are steering components. Always good to know people in the industry I'll post some pics up fpr all the fans at some stage too
-
Bosskits
Yeah I went thought your resto. Pretty tough looking wheel. I'm looking at a deep dish nardi wheel. A real tiny one :jamie: