Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Great Ocean Rd Cruise. 27-28jan '07 Aus Day Weekend

Featured Replies

  • Author

Well, I have more news!

 

I got a phone call today from the Apollo Bay Recreation Reserve, it turns out that they are quite happy to have us over the Aus day weekend (even if its only for one night... but we have to be nice to them) as long as its on a non powered site. They will be able to sort out a bunch of sites in a group so we can park on them as well as live on them for the night and are going to do it pretty cheap for the members of Rolla club if we get in early.

 

The prices are $25 per site for 2 people and $7 per extra head, but he said that if we want parking space (and if were going to be nice to them) we should get enough sites for all of us as opposed to cramming a couple of sites full.

 

This is the only place I have had any luck with out of the now 8 parks I have contacted, so its looking pretty good and the are looking after us.

 

So again, the decision has to be made. Do we keep it on this weekend and book early? We would need conformation from members if they ARE coming... not just thinking about it, we would also possibly need a deposit of some kind?

Or, do we make it a different weekend and try our luck with another park?

Also, who would be interested in making it from friday to Sunday? Just a thought.

 

Again, let me know what you think and if you are coming let me know who you are bringing ( for numbers). Its the start of november now so Australia Day isnt that far away!

 

Jarrad

  • Replies 180
  • Views 70.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

;) yep me, the missus and stu with someone (meaning 4 people), we'll be there for sure. let us know the rest of the details n we'll orginize to get the deposit to u or who ever it needs to get to. we'll be there with the "commodore's"...hehe

we'll be there with the "commodore's"...hehe

 

 

speak 4 yourself leigh you bought my last common whore off me and i have now seen the light. But if you take twinky i will offer my corolla for decimation services for all the twin cams, rock on 5k powa. That means you too jarad.. lol.

But seriously iam in if we stay friday night i have no worries as i finnish at 230 but leigh works night shift might be a bit difficult.

count me in for sure!!!!!!!

stu.

  • Author
But if you take twinky i will offer my corolla for decimation services for all the twin cams, rock on 5k powa. That means you too jarad.. lol.

 

I will have my new engine in by then... will be in hopefully before christmas, so keep your pants on stu! I might just give you a hiding!

 

I have had a good think and Saturday night looks the best. That way we can leave reasonably early Saturday morning and have a good day driving and checkin out the sites... some good photo ops on the way. As the sites will be unpowered we might as well all head out for tea or something, this can all be sorted out on the weekend. Also, heading out in the daylight and ariving in the daylight will be much better that getting there in the dark, we will have more time to do as we please and have a ball!

 

Ok, so we have 6 people Confirmed at the moment (Me + ms, Webbers4x48 and missus, kickn5k and ...)

 

I am going to get back in contact with The rec researve and get some more details sometime soon, I will also sort out what the deposit per site will cost. This will have to be done relatively soon as the parks tend to fill pretty quickly, so if your definentally coming post up and I will sort the deposits out.

 

Jarrad

I will have my new engine in by then... will be in hopefully before christmas, so keep your pants on stu! I might just give you a hiding!

 

I have had a good think and Saturday night looks the best. That way we can leave reasonably early Saturday morning and have a good day driving and checkin out the sites... some good photo ops on the way. As the sites will be unpowered we might as well all head out for tea or something, this can all be sorted out on the weekend. Also, heading out in the daylight and ariving in the daylight will be much better that getting there in the dark, we will have more time to do as we please and have a ball!

 

Ok, so we have 6 people Confirmed at the moment (Me + ms, Webbers4x48 and missus, kickn5k and ...)

 

I am going to get back in contact with The rec researve and get some more details sometime soon, I will also sort out what the deposit per site will cost. This will have to be done relatively soon as the parks tend to fill pretty quickly, so if your definentally coming post up and I will sort the deposits out.

 

Jarrad

 

 

hey jarrod,

 

spoke to a couple of the cccv boys today and told them about the weekend and they seem pretty keen. just need the details posted on the toymods forum and they'll let us know. i did stress to them that we need to confirm numbers asap and a deposit or full payment to be payed.

 

cheers leigh

 

can't wait for the excuses to come from stu when jarrod has smoketh'd with twinky :lol:

  • Author

can't wait for the excuses to come from stu when jarrod has smoketh'd with twinky

 

Haha! We will see what happens!

 

Ok, one thing I am trying to avoid is too many people. I am not sure how many is too many really, but I will have to get in contact with the Recreational park again to see what they say.

Its looking like we will end up with 20 plus people at the moment, maybe 30. So yeah, lets see what the park says about numbers.

 

On the other hand, I have also been talking to others that would like to come. So maybe we will end up with a pack of day trippers and an overnight bunch?

 

Whats everyone think?

 

Jarrad

the more the merrier, in my opinion, i'm coming for sure and dragging 2 of my mates along aswell ;)

 

excuses will jumping out every where when i smoke to both of you. hehe.

 

hopefully the cars can keep up to all this ear bashing :lol:

Edited by pozman

  • Author
the more the merrier, in my opinion, i'm coming for sure and dragging 2 of my mates along aswell :hmm:

 

Ok, cool. Thats 3 more confirmed that makes 9...

 

On the numbers topic, my main problem with having say, 30+ people, we will have trouble finding accomodation. I havent got in contact with the park yet but when I do I will find out what sort of numbers they will be happy with.

 

Will keep you all posted.

excuses will jumping out every where when i smoke to both of you. hehe.

You still have to get your drivable and then engineered and registered. Whereas i have two sorted i am regd and engineered.LOL but not yet that drivable but shane might be able to fix that. paul i bet youll end up in the pulsar and leigh has already smoketh so don't be too cocky paul. don't forget plenty of time for me to drop in the injection and that blower kit but don't forget cam and that 3.5 ltr ke20.

 

But seriously when i have the old girl running ill come up your way jarrad and give the deposit to you.

the rover conversion definately wont be ready in time. but I'm thinking i may throw the race car on club rego... that should be ready in time

  • Author
the rover conversion definately wont be ready in time. but I'm thinking i may throw the race car on club rego... that should be ready in time

 

Now thats the shit!!!!

 

I like the idea of chasing cams rolla round some corners! I started my engine swap today so all should be nice and grunty by the time this meet comes around!

 

As for an update on accomodation... I still havent had a chance to get hold of them as I have been flat out. As soon as I have something you will all know.

paul i bet youll end up in the pulsar and leigh has already smoketh so don't be too cocky paul.

 

hey just remember he had the jump on me, if we were at lights i think i would have had him.

 

if i have to bring the pulsar ill make sure its running right first!!

hey just remember he had the jump on me, if we were at lights i think i would have had him.

 

if i have to bring the pulsar ill make sure its running right first!!

 

 

Bring it on paul :) . cause if you beat me in my daily i'll just have to bring out the big banger! and i'll even give you a decent head start :P even better, i'll race you in reverse :jamie:

 

Hey cam, hope you do bring out the beast. I've seen you drive the wheels off a stocker (literaly!) so you in a real race car should be something out of this world :y:

 

Jarrod, if we can't beat em with speed, pull your silencer off and the both of us could beat em with db's....hehe

Jarrod, if we can't beat em with speed, pull your silencer off and the both of us could beat em with db's....hehe

Thankfully iam not coming in your car mate my ears just recovered from the last run, well iam still considering the efi conversion on the old girl.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.