Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Great Ocean Rd Cruise. 27-28jan '07 Aus Day Weekend

Featured Replies

  • Replies 180
  • Views 70.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Haha, I'm being smart this time and getting another muffler put on... plus the missus would hate it on a long trip!

 

I know that very feeling. My missus hates going in my car longer than 15mins. She keeps telling me to get a new muffler, but i just give her some ear plugs.

 

Hey muller, 5th gear is a must for long trips :jamie:

Edited by webers4x48

well i should be cumn for the run, just don't think ill be camping

  • Author

Sounds good...

 

I will be hopefully getting back in contact with the park this weekend... Been a bit stuck for time lately. This will let us know if the camping is still going ahead as planned, otherwise we might just end up doing the day run as well.

 

I was thinking... should we make it a flat fee of $20-$25 for the campers and whats left we can put to going out for tea on the Saturday night?

Or maybe get in contact with Nick (if your reading this some input would be great!) and, if possible, organise some cruise stickers for all of the cars attending... have something like " Rollaclub.com Ocean Road Cruise '07" on them or something? That way were seen as a group and the day trippers coming with us can just pay for them if they want them?

 

Just an idea!

 

Anyhow, the trip is coming up pretty quick. Its only really a month or so away, SO EVERYONE WHO IS COMING PLEASE CONFIRM YOUR DETAILS! I need to know how many people are coming and if you are camping or not. Then I can figure out how to get deposits off you all and book the sites.

 

Let me know whats going on and what you all think of the sticker/dinner idea?

 

Jarrad

Might talk my best friend into driving her Supra there.

 

My coupe wont be ready as that will be coming off the road probably in the next two weeks for some mods.

 

I'll need to get some details of everything so I can organise the time for me and her off of work.

 

Cheers

Mick

I'm a definate!

 

ill either have my 5speed in and running and bring the rolla or i wont and ill have to bring something else.

 

Id also just like to thanks jarrad for doing pretty much all the running about for this cruise as this is our biggest yet. If this current trend grows any further weel have a round Australia trip in no time :)

  • Author
Id also just like to thank jarrad for doing pretty much all the running about

 

Thanks Muller, I'm happy to get this off the ground. I think it could become a great annual event for Rollaclub... hopefully more states could become involved? But thats for later on!

 

back to business.

 

I have a list of people who have confirmed they are coming and camping/not camping etc. Heres what I have so far...

 

Camping:

TheNOBBLER (Me) + one

MRMOPARMAN + one

kickn5k + one

Muller

Webbers4x48

Pozman + two

Raven + one (SA)

 

Not Camping:

Gze82

 

I also have a list of people who have shown interest but not yet confirmed.

 

 

killer ke70

woteva (SA)

nawty4 (SA)

 

Rightio! Thats 13 people confirmed camping so far, one confirmed for the day trip and 3 still thinking about it... I will update this as we go.

 

What I now need is for anyone who is bringing someone elso to let me know so I can put you on the list... Otherwise if you are camping it will cause problems when we get there. This isnt a problem if your only daytripping.

PLEASE CONFIRM THIS ASAP!!!! I will be getting in contact with the Rec reserve this weekend to make sure all is go... SO I need at least these details before I call.

 

Also, I need some feedback on above posts concerning stickers/meals/other ideas. This way I can sort out deposits asap.

 

Thanks all...

Jarrad

Edited by TheNOBBLER

muller, you wont really need fifth gear on this cruze man, its the great ocean road, you'd be lucky to get out of 3rd

Three cheers for jarrod for organising this event!!!!!!!!!!!! awesome job dude!!

 

Paul you need 5th gear to keep up with us!!! hehehe

 

Count me n stu for a sticker pls :P

Edited by webers4x48

  • Author

Raven just brought up something I havent covered yet... as I forgot to... sorry.

 

Whilst we are going to be in a recreational reserve (long winded fancy name for a caravan park) we will only be camping on unpowered sites.

At the moment this means you will have to bring your own sleeping gear (eg: Tent, swag etc). I am however going to look into the cost of hiring a large tent and or several small ones for us all... this will add to the cost of the weekend but might be worth it. I just have to see what I can do.

 

So, for the moment you will need ALL of your sleeping gear. I might only end up in a swag as yet, it going to be the middle of summer so we shouldnt get wet.

 

I will keep you updated on this situation... any advice/help is appreciated (also... three cheers like webbers are much appreciated! lol!)

 

Jarrad

  • Author

YEEHAAAARRRR!!!!!!!!!

 

Booked in and (almost) ready to roll!!!!

 

I have just got off the phone to the Rec Reserve... And I booked us in for 8 sites for Saturday the 27th of Jan, '07.

Each site is for 2 people and one Car... if we need more sites etc we can sort this out upon arival.

 

So thats whats happening... we are camping!

 

I am putting the initial deposit down myself... but now I NEED DEPOSITS/FULL PAYMENT FROM EVERYONE!

 

We have to sort out if we are going to pay $20-$25 per camper to cover the cost of the sites and either the stickers (if we decide to do them) or dinner for the night. OR are we just going to pay for the sites and sort the rest out ourselves?

I would personally like to organise some stickers for the run... but thats just me.

 

Can I have everyones thought on this ASAP as I need to get the deposits sorted. Also, I have to figure out how the deposits are going to land on my doorstep... there are many ways this can be done we just have to sort it out SOON!

 

 

Anyway, I told you all I was on to it... and now its done. Anyone who is bringing more people need let me know NOW so I can make sure all is good!

 

Jarrad

Paul you need 5th gear to keep up with us!!! hehehe

 

 

not with the money that mullers got under his car, what he will lack in speed he will defenately rape us with in the tight stuff

 

and ive got five gears

Edited by pozman

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.