Auto Salon Brisbane 2006

JiP

The "mx5" is actually a Mazda RX7.....a nice one at that. Even though he had the tvs in the headlights, they are removable......still stupid though.

From memory i think it put out over 350hp on the dyno.

Hey jip.....did you check out the RC drifting at all?

Edited by Xany

Members dont see this ad

I have taken a few photos with my phone as well but theyre pretty much exactly the same ones haha. besides the meteor - that is POO!

Some others i got was of that prado next to the truck (had to show my parents, they have one haha), one of that aqua starlet (mrpsi) across from the sprinter, a couple of a very nice rx7, and one of the front end of the hummer.

Anyone see that 700+ kW supra on the dyno...was freakin awesome!!!

Also, I'm looking into buying one of those rc cars, but i think i'm gunna get a petrol one and rally it around the backyard instead, that way the fun can't run out...coz as long as you have fuel you don't have to wait a lifetime for the battery/s to charge

Didnt actually see it, but heard it.....lol

final figures i think it made 1003hp......

Just remember if you are buying a petrol one:

A: You have to let it cool down after a run. (if thrashing it)

B: You still have to fill it up with fuel - Fuel = $$$

C: You will most likely break shit.... stuff breaking = $$$

Electric is more cost effective in my opinion.....its only really the intial outlay for the car and some equipment....after that theres not really much to maintain. Plus you get the added bonus of not having to wait for batterys if you have at least 2

*if you havent already guessed.....i was the guy with the Purple Camaro*

:)

Edited by Xany

huh? purple camaro, as in r/c car? coz I'm sure as hell i didnt see a purple camaro, coz trust me, i WOULDVE been there pretty quick!

And as for the petrol r/c cars, i couldnt agree with you more! but 1. parts are cheap 2. 2L of fuel lasts ages and 3. I just LOVE how quick the little buggers are haha!

I admit i used to think electric r/c cars were poo, but then again i never really had a good one, like one that the batteries last longer than 5 minutes in. And after seing those little beasts at autosalon, my opinion on them has changed alot. with that cooling down part...do u mean you have to let them idle to cool down?

Edited by lammi

Lol.....Purple Camaro RC CAR!.

Cooling the engine down after a run is important to stop it ceasing and other nasty things....and that actually means stopping the engine.

My RC car actually has more speed and accleration than a petrol one of the same sort....although i do have a $500 speed controller and motor in it.

Edited by Xany

I work for vermeer and we were setting up the no-dig trade show in hall 1 and i had to go up to the back of hall 4 (autosalon dyno & rc track) to get the forklift so i decided to stand around there for a while and anyone could of just walked into the back section there but i decided to do the right thing and pay on sunday altho it was a good event i didnt really see anything other than supras, civics, skylines and silvias, IMO buying an import and putting a set of wheels on it, lowering it and cramming it with tv's should be left at sunnybank shopping centre and have cars there that people have put alot of effort into like this Ford Meteor.

post-1373-1162206700_thumb.jpg

Edited by Trev

Owner seems to be a bit of a wanker though. At jamboree he was getting up some guy taking photos of it. Err....you put it in a show and shine...what did you expect??

:) :) :) He should of put a sign up that said PLEASE ADMIRE BUT NO PHOTOS, are they that stupid.