Look What I Found At The Wreckers

flat out

as the description says i found some asian sus and just want to know a few things about them

1. what are they off?

2. are they a good size for a 4k or 5k?

3. are they worth repairing?

4. what would you pay for them?

pics http://www.rollaclub.com/board/index.php?a...5506&st=225

Edited by flat out

Members dont see this ad

What car did it come out of?

What motor did they come off?

If they're twin Aisan carbs, they're off early model KE15 sprinters with the 3K-B motor which was a little more powerful than your average 3K.

I think they'd be alright on a stock 4k, and if you did some mods to the carbs, they should be fine for a slightly worked 4k i'd think.

HS4 SU carbs by the looks of it. (2 bolts to bolt it to a manifold)

Lynxcorp have 5 K manifolds to suit SU carbs left. Only thing you'd wanna check is that the pistons havent locked.

My carbs will be on their way on Monday :jamie:

They are twin Aisan SU carburettors, like a copy of the HIF british SU's.

They came on the later corona's, on the 18R. Where as the earlier Corona 1600S had the SU's with the fuel bowls off to the sides (HS).

The carbs are pretty rare. I don't think there are any genuine parts available for them; though some british SU parts may fit, with a little modification.

I got some twin Aisan SU's up at a wreckers in Launceston (Foster Street) as well. The guy reckons they were off a dasun, but they weren't Hitachi's. After researching for a while, I found out they were from a corona.

Though mine were on a galant like manifold, water heated, with adaptor plates. I found out that it was highly likely that they were originally from a Mitsubishi Colt Galant, since they came out with them as well:

Twin Aisan SU carbs

What code are on them? Mine had a tag with the code "HF40D"

Have you got any pictures of the manifold, and the bolt pattern on the other side of the carbs (carbs to manifold). Mine were a triangular bolt pattern.