Robert

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:y: She fits ok then?? Yeah the air filter was right up against the front panel in mine, thats whats with the 90o bend to fit it in. the bend is actually the pipe that bolts onto a t25 outlet, and then has the cooler piping start off that!!

How does the exhaust fit btw, got him all tacked up again?

exhaust isnt done yet, had to give the part of the crossmember where the engine mount bolts on a few taps so the j-pipe would fit.

I'm thinking about making my own box out of sheet metal, but ill see what i can find at the wreckers first.

Cheers, Rob

Thats basically exactly what I started with!!! :y:

I'll take some more detailed pics of my box for you and you can just copy it......lease we know the box design works anyway!

Use the rounded end in the left of the pic to bolt to the mani, just bash the centre as flat as you can first and drill some holes through. with the other end, cut off the pipe, and block up the hole on the top of the box. thats what that chequer plate circle on the top of mine is for. cut the air filter attachement out of the middle and use the pipe on the side for your inlet. :no2:

:D so did I!!

Its pretty hard to do cause for 1 theres the oil fires, but also its hard to get weld to stick to oily metal!! :)

Box is looking good though, might just want 1 more rod on that front side so you can get even pressure pushing down the whole way round it.

So you got the fuel line and acc cable all sorted out now too?

Once you get the fuel pump, cooler and piping idone you must be just about finished now hey? :D

All thats left is:

Fuel pump

Relocate battery and a bit of wiring

bit of piping and bov (most of thats done now) cooler wont be on to start with, but will be on shortly after.

Exhaust probly gonna just go 2" straight thru from dump with one resonator.

And just a few other bits and pieces.

:D

cool :)

see where they weld is where the pipe gets a little smaller? thats were it used to finish for a couple of months before it got all of the exhaust on!! :D sounded crazy with heaps of whining before it came on boost, people used to ask me if it was supercharged not turbo'd. might aswell take it for a quick raz with that much exhaust when you first get it running, spose your cops won't be quite as leanient as ours but! :D

UPDATE:

Everything is done, just waiting for fuel pump.

Then all i have to do is fit it and wire it up.

post-1276-1167989903_thumb.jpg

Note: not my hairy arm :D

Tomorrow I'm going to cut the front springs a little bit more to match the rear.

And weld the diff :)

Edited by Robert

I ran the car today with no boost because i don't have my fuel pump yet.

Everything is good except the oil return is leaking a little bit :) , so now I'm gonna pull the engine out and do the return less dodgy, I'm really pissed off :y:

The turbo sounds awesome though.