Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

Only ended up getting a strut brace today - couldnt push myself to get the trd springs he had sitting there, as they were only 240mm freeheight and the shocks i've got wouldnt keep them captive (might be alright when driving, but not 100% sure :(). No LSD's were out either, so might pop back and have a look next week - thinking the existing height will just do, but will continue to have a think about it as i don't wanna have to go through all the running spacers and short strokes if i don't need to, just to get another 10-20mm out of the front |blink|

Yeah, think it'll stay as it is - thought about coilovers, but wont bother.

BUT, breaking news:

CAR IS GOING TO BE SOLD, but this time its definitely happening :)

went out and got a new car with the mrs today, so this ones gonna go. Sticking with the corolla family, as i thought it was time to "grow up" and get a car that doesnt rattle etc. I love the old girl, but its time for it to be passed on. If i can't get what i want for it i'll hold it, but will see what happens! :)

Nah, never had a turbo on it - got it through n/a though, so all sweet there.

We have two cars - unfortunately the other one is a Getz (alright for what it is), but the new car will be mine until we pop out little ones:

2008 Corolla Conquest - blah blah blah

Just time for a nice new car :)

Certificate of exemption received today - now all official and ready to be handed over to the new owner, whoever that is :)

On a completely different note, got the new car yesterday - quite nice!!! Smooth and quiet ride, and not much slower than the old 4age to be honest (is an auto though). Nice firm ride also!!! Just looking into some modifications for it now (needs to be lowered about 1.5-2 inches, and maybe a different grille or something on the front!). Very happy thus far :(

• 1 month later...

Its official - my beloved little rolla has gone to a nice new home! :) Did the big swap about 30 minutes ago (lots of cash in exchange for my car :yes:), so the final chapter of this book has now been written. Took it for a final drive before just to hear the sound of the bigport one last time, and loved it. Its gone to a good home though, and I'm sure it'll be well looked after by Dave! One last photo of it as it left before (the other beige ke is his brothers, my "old" car is the one in front :jamie: )

post-1017-1230788625_thumb.jpg

ANyway gang, with my beast now gone, it'll probably be the last of me around these great forums! Thanks to all who helped in building the car up to what it was, and to everyone else who contributed to the abundance of information there is on here which helped me build the car into what it was! :yes:

Weak. After all that effort you sold it :yes:
Yeah, time to move on - plus, got a nice and shiny 2008 corolla sitting in the driveway now - all the performance of the ke70, but in comfort :yes: Got a new little hobby now to continue to waste money on though - 1/10 Tamiya TT-01D drift car :jamie: