Trd Lsd

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 2 sizes for the AE86 axleshaft, the earlier one is the small axle, the later one is the big axle. Here in OZ, AFAIK we only have the small axle, so we will be wanting the earlier one of the two (unless someone's imported a big axle diff

no t series diffs from the jdm levins made it to aus as such (and as you all prolly know) we only recieved the crappy s series drum version. The s series is not compatable with a sprinter lsd as they are made for the t series.

Zenki axles are more common but then again anything Zenki is more common, cheaper & easier to find. I have the larger splined Kouki axle in my t series rear end...the difference is minimal..24 spline vs 25 spline but parts are not interchangable

$1400 nz is $1275 aus....a decent price for brand new...second hand can be sourced for $800 aus

you also need to take into consideration (if you're converting from an s series to t series) the need to shorten the tailshaft as the output on the t series is larger

anything t series from 83-mid 85 is safe as parts are sourced easier...mid 85-end of 87 is Kouki territory & uber hard to find + $$$

i understood oz got a few ae86s with 4ages (like 100) but they wernt something anyone could buy. but i may be wrong there...

it wasnt a production run and the chances of finding the genuine article these days is nill...s series is all we got

locked diff eh? i had a mk1 esky with a locked diff... NEVER AGAIN! my god what a pig on the road!

yeah id be keeping an eye on that thread, see if it happens.

it maybe possible in the future that we can do them cheaper, if i sea freight them i get a large discount which i can pass on, but at this stage TRD are not set up for seafreight.

ill always do the best prices i can, but if you can get better deals elsewhere then i fully expect you to go that way... but id like to know, then i can see if i can do any better.... sometimes if i bug toyota enough they give in:)

haha we just had the big argument on oldcorollas about driving with a locked diff. personally i love it. the car doesn't really understeer too badly, it's so light you can just scuff the wheels around to the driving line. and phat predictable power oversteer rocks. that being said, i don't fancy constantl springing for new axles, or getting defected for when i chirp-chirp-chirp around a roundabout in front of a cop, so open center for me :) wish i could afford a starlet lsd

i hated it, you had to flick or power it round corners, i lived in a st with the lanes divided by a big centre division, i had to do u turns all the time, not fun in a locker!!

they are ok for rally cars but personally i think they are horrible on the street

So would a full T series driveline fit in a ae86? Including T-50, tail shaft and rear end? would it all go in without much modification? Then having the T-series diff, the aftermarket LSD's (cusco, trd etc.) will fit straight in?

Cheap: T-18 drum diff and driveshaft + aftermarket center.

Not Cheap: Japanese AE86 disc diff and driveshaft + aftermarket center.

Also FYI: there was a starlet diff on option1 a couple of months ago, you could ask if its still around.

• 3 weeks later...