My New Ae82 Infatuation

irokin

Ok for some weird reason I had a dream about an AE82 last night....it was green...like a candy apple green..and it was mine.

So all day (we traveled 7hrs today) I'm sitting there dreaming about AE82s...specifically the lift-backs (I hate the hatches). Love the car...great shape...but...FWD...my biggest enemy...its like kryptonite for irokins....

So I'm sitting there thinking about AWD...its just dreaming but if I could pull it off it would be one sick car...4A-GTE or 3S-GTE depending on what running gear is available....

Everyone says toyota AWD stuff is shit....which I'm really not sure anyone has tested yet...maybe some heavily hacked up GTiR running gear....220kw SR20DET anyone?

meh...just a dream...I think I might get one even tho they are FWD who knows....my mind changes all the god damn time!!

meh

Members dont see this ad
This dis-ease like many others will pass, we learned at a young age that FWD Sucks ;)

p.s The SR20DET out of GTiR's are shit, don't bother :)

Well, my family had 2 of the Ae82's from new with the 4AGE motors....

(that motor was_amazing)

:) :dance: =)

for something that "just goes", you can get in and either drive normally or blast away and be in no real danger of crashing because the vehicle is basically "point and squirt", an efi fwd car is tops. i have the chance to drive them as work cars and it's a nice experience, but god i'd never own one

if you had a bigger car with fwd, or even a small car making alot of power and a f@$kload of torque steer, or had to deal with all the issues of a carburetted car and couldn't even do proper donuts - that would suck

plus, fwd cars make engine conversions difficult, so really unique modified cars are few and far between, and expensive to do yourself. and i'm sorry, but pulling the handbrake on and fogging up the front wheels looks absolutely gay

in summary

fwdsucks.gif

a stock ke20 with an oily 3k that does 19 second quarters, has about 10 billion times the street cred, than any dickless front wheel drive hatch such as an ae82

it is ok to appreciate wrong cars, but not to desire them. naughty ben!

well....2 days after posting this I looked at an AE82 and went "what the f@$k was i thinking"....they really don't look that nice....

well....i guess driving 2000km around NZ will do that to you....(lots of circles)

*spanks self*

i was in kmart yesterday and saw Huffy have released this trike called the Green Machine. it's a normal big wheel but instead of turning the front wheel, you have two levers attached to the rear axle and it's hinged behind the driver. i reckon you could do some well good slides in that!