20's On A Ke55

ABU.SEX

THERES NOTHING WRONG WITH PUTTING BIG WHEELS ON THE CAR, AS LONG AS I KNOW IT WONT GET IMPOUNDED AND NO BIG FINES OR LOSS OF LICENSE I HONESTLY COULDNT GIVE A F#@K ABOUT THE DEFECTS AND ALL THAT SHIT

You better not live in NSW then, as even a minor defect is $231 and 1 point. A major defect (no idea what those wheels would qualify as though, but they're definitely defectable) is $308 and 3 points. 3 points is all you get on your red Ps, so heres hoping they don't find something else wrong with the car that they can canary. Gone are the days of simple fines for defects, it hurts your license now. Basically, 2 or 3 defectable things on your car and it's bye-bye license, and a good wad of cash

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

you are wrong buddy, there is no points lost of defects but there is a fine. hopefully the car will be enginered before it gets on the road so i can just sit back and laugh at them

Perhaps I wasn't quite clear enough. Obviously a defect is just a notice to tell you to go and get something repaired or fixed, but in your case the 20s can't be "fixed" unless you just take them off. The RTA clearly states on its website that driving a vehicle that breaches a defect notice carry a fine as well as the loss of 1 or 3 demerit points. If the cops pull you over and you've been defected before, they'll check to see if the defects have been removed. If you're still driving around on 20" wheels, obviously the defect hasn't been removed, and you'd be screwed.

Offence Fine Points Double demerits? Law

DEFECT NOTICES/LABELS

Use vehicle in breach of minor defect notice $231 1 RT (VR) Reg 1998 Cl 84(2)

DEFECT NOTICES/LABELS

Use vehicle in breach of major defect notice $308 3 RT (VR) Reg 1998 Cl 84(2)

i said before V6, holden V6 theres 2 or 3 floating around. A 4age wont have enough torque to spin the wheels :jamie:

Hmm do you think this car has to rev to 5000rpm to take off at the lights?

http://www.rollaclub.com/board/index.php?showtopic=11243

Please, No more holden or nissan engines in the beloved corolla's, Des (AE70) & I have a project up our sleeve that will rock the toyota world. ;)

It doesn't matter about the front springs. I've chopped mine too. My point is, a 17 inch rim with a 40 series tyre just about touches the bottom of the spring mount on the strut, cutting the spring does not move this, there is nothing you can do to move it unless you have changed the struts. Show us a picture from underneath the front. I want to see clearance