Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ke70 Engine Conversion Ideas.

Featured Replies

Hello All,

 

So I got myself a 4-speed manual KE70 Corolla for $500 and started "sprucing" it up a bit. The car was in Okay condition when i purchased it however it needed some panel beating and fresh paint. also the rims made it look a tad better. Ive got most of the interior and exterior done, however the stock 1.3L engine doesn't quite have enough go for my liking :jamie: Does anyone have any suggestions for a higher power engine that is relatively easy/cheap to come across that works well in a KE70? Any suggestions welcome.

 

here is a picture of the car so far...

post-2858-1169210315_thumb.jpg post-2858-1169210390_thumb.jpg

yeah. 4age if you have some cash to spend, 7k still needs a fair amount of cash but is simpler. Anything else becomes really costly and becomes mor difficult. And i like what you have done to the ke70. gl with it.

  • Author

thanks for the replies.

 

as for budget...well, basically saving as much money as i can then ill see what i can come up with.

live in Wagga Wagga, NSW

and, prepared to put alot of effort in.

 

again, thanks for the relpies :jamie:

thanks for the replies.

 

as for budget...well, basically saving as much money as i can then ill see what i can come up with.

live in Wagga Wagga, NSW

and, prepared to put alot of effort in.

 

again, thanks for the relpies :jamie:

 

4AGE and you wont look back, Parts are a little bit hard to find but once you have them it gets easier.

I have to say that a 5k is the easiest conversion if you want a little more power for a small expense, Chris would probably agree with this (I'm getting a 5k off him for my ke70). I'm going for the 4AGE in my Ke55 with turbo, but it is definately going to cost quite abit more. Research, research and well mate research. I have got off to a bad start and wasted some money, but it's a learning curve. I think by the time my 4AGE is into the 55 I'll be about $4000 worse off, compare that to around a grand for a pokey 5k.

Cheers

Sbox

I have to say that a 5k is the easiest conversion if you want a little more power for a small expense, Chris would probably agree with this (I'm getting a 5k off him for my ke70). I'm going for the 4AGE in my Ke55 with turbo, but it is definately going to cost quite abit more. Research, research and well mate research. I have got off to a bad start and wasted some money, but it's a learning curve. I think by the time my 4AGE is into the 55 I'll be about $4000 worse off, compare that to around a grand for a pokey 5k.

Cheers

Sbox

 

but the 4agte will go crap loads harder obviously, twin cam ftw!!

 

I'm going a ca18 in my 55, but a 4age would be better for a 70, and it keeps it in the family

 

ae7-'s have a 4a-c, so you can use one of there crossmembers to bolt the engine in, makes things easier

oh do something different and put a 1UZ in it!

LOL

...and its still in the family, not sure what registering it would be like tho

  • Author

Seems like the 4AGE is the way to go. gonna go check the forum for people who have done this conversion on their car.

Again, thanks all for the comments, very helpful. :jamie:

1GGTE? talk to andrew (love ke70) about that one, goes like a shower of shit but ill let somone else fill you in on the bad points;)

  • Author

been checking the forum abit about a 4AGE into a KE70 and started making a list of what i will need to get. dunno how i am going with it (brain hurts) but this is what ive come up with so far:

 

AE-86 x member and mounts?

T-50 gearbox?

new diff?

new hydraulic clutch?

 

i know that there is alot of other things that i am missing but if this list is kinda right, i would like to know:)

might also wanna look at the brakes cos if you wanna go fast you also wanna be able to stop in a hurry

Super guys.

 

The man now has starting points to go and research.

 

Also look in the rides section. Have a look at Teddy, Medicine man and Jason's cars for a start, then keep working through.

 

Everything you need is in here somewhere.

 

Set yourself up in the members rides section, and if you have any further questions, stick them in there.

 

I'm actually quite suprised this thread lasted as long as it did.....

 

:jamie:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.