From The Uk.......... My Ke70

uncle silvia

UPDATE!!!!

Finally i have an update for you all!! :thumbs:

Well the Corolla went for its MOT this week and it failed!! :(

To be honest I'm not upset as Ive done well to have 2 years of MOTs not costing me a penny on such and old car!! :hmm:

Well it failed on fecked Exhaust, Rear brakes and a 10p sized hole in the inner arch!! Not to bad really!!

Well the exhaust was dead and rusted through so I used this as an excuse to get the exhaust I bought earlier fitted! As the whole exhaust was pretty cack I ended getting a full stainless system made up for it from the downpipe back, by Paul at Alan Jefferys in Plymouth!

He did a top job and it sounds nice and deep without being too loud!!

Heres some pics of the finished article....................

230320091035.jpg

230320091036.jpg

230320091037.jpg

230320091038.jpg

230320091040.jpg

230320091039.jpg

Also While the car has been off the road this week and ive had a week off with good weather, I started to fix up the bodywork and the damage to the front end!

There was a few rusty bits on the doors and rear arch so ive sanded, treated, filled where nessessary and painted to get it back looking nice again!!

Its not perfect but it cost me next to nothing to do and it will last till the car eventually has a full respray sometime!!

Heres some of the pics of the work.........................

The damage before...

18122008694.jpg

18122008695.jpg

After I removed the bumper it revealed this mess.......

190320091009.jpg

Filled the hole after straightening the front panel..........

190320091012.jpg

Primed......

190320091013.jpg

Da Daaa......... looks a bit better............

200320091019.jpg

Brand new bumper...........

230320091033.jpg

I havent got pics yet but i painted the back of the bumper with silver hammerite as these are cheap copy bumpers and do corrode unfortunately....

230320091034.jpg

Ive got a mate whos gonna polish up my Dished wheels for the summer and I'm onto that suspension and Quad headlights next!!!

Watch this space!! :P

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey mate very impressive.

i have the 82 ke70. all stock overrated condition, keen for some wheels

can u state again what ones u hav on..the blacks ones anyway + tyre size)..and i may of missed it but did they fit the guards or did u roll em...

keep pics coming

cheers

can u state again what ones u hav on..the blacks ones anyway + tyre size)..and i may of missed it but did they fit the guards or did u roll em...

keep pics coming

cheers

he hasnt lowered the car so the wheels don't really rub the gaurds bud

that is hecticly phat man looks like you have spent afew dollars on it but attention to detail is amazing man good luck with it bud sorry to hear about it getting beat up again!!!

keep pics coming

cheers

Cheers For the Comments

As stated i havent lowered the car yet so the Arches/Guards are as factory at the moment!

The Black wheels I have are 14x7s i think and are Genuine Watanabes that i was lucky enough to swap my old 15s for ;)

I'm running a 185/65/14 if i remember correctly.

he hasnt lowered the car so the wheels don't really rub the gaurds bud

that is hecticly phat man looks like you have spent afew dollars on it but attention to detail is amazing man good luck with it bud sorry to hear about it getting beat up again!!!

Cheers again

I havent spent a lot on it really apart from things like the 2 sets of wheels i have for it (summer and winter) as the car was fairly tidy and I have done lots of work on it myself if I can!!

Watch out for the 14x9 summer rims coming soon :wink: .................... then the arches will get rolled lol

Edited by uncle silvia

UPDATE

Right another little update from this week for you all!!

Ive nearly finished off tidying the bodywork now and I only have a few small bits to finish off!

These are a few pics from the last week..............

240320091048.jpg

240320091049.jpg

While it was in the air i got some better pics of the custom exhaust.............

240320091047.jpg

240320091043.jpg

240320091044.jpg

Ive also polished up my new chrome bumper for the front and got that back on! It will probably have to come back off when I do the Twin headlights soon tho................

030420091082.jpg

030420091085.jpg

LOL :y:

030420091084.jpg

030420091087.jpg

030420091088.jpg

And my 14x9 Enkei wheels went off for a polish and a paint................

010420091071.jpg

010420091072.jpg

Unfortunately I found they couldnt be split to be painted as they had been welded together???? Well at least they wont leak air I guess and ill never need to split them again hopefully!!!...............

010420091073.jpg

And as the car stands today I thought Ide enjoy the sun and take some photos after washing it...................

040420091090.jpg

040420091091.jpg

040420091093.jpg

040420091094.jpg

040420091095.jpg

040420091098.jpg

040420091100.jpg

those enkei 14s are nuts, should look sick on your car :dance:

how far off lowering her are you?

Well when i get the Wheels back with new rubber then i can work out the ride height and mod the arches to suit!!

Then ill sort some suspension!! :party:

love the pics man that is cool sucks about the rusty bits and pieces but meh it comes with having a steel car

those enkei's are crazy they will look phat on the car man

would also be good to see it with quads in it and those wheels under the gaurd

Geez you must get some looks punting that thing around... I mean last time I was in the UK it was just an endless sea of Fiestas, Golfs, Metros, and 3 series beemers... Must feel nice to be different!

You missed out Saxos and Corsas!!! :party:

Thats the whole point and why I love it so much!!!! I love to be different!!! :dance:

Cheers for the comments guys and i can't wait to get it all sorted too!! Yes there are some rusty bits here and there and they will all get sorted properly over time!!

The work in dong at the moment is tempory really as I just want it to last this years show season, then I'm gonna put it into storage and do some traveling!!

Ill be heading down to NZ at the end of this year to visit some friends and for their wedding and Ill also be coming over to OZ when I can so Ill have to make a point of meeting up with some KE nuts while I'm down there!!! :cool:

Edited by uncle silvia

when you put it away into storage i think afew people will b a lil upset lol, it is such a cool car and would stand out over in uk, because of all the main stream cars and then there is a KE70 getting around everybody would be like wtf lol haha. :dance:

I love standing out aye, how noisy is it with the exhaust on it that is always 1 of those things that makes people turn around and go wtf is that coming up the street lol :)

when you put it away into storage i think afew people will b a lil upset lol, it is such a cool car and would stand out over in uk, because of all the main stream cars and then there is a KE70 getting around everybody would be like wtf lol haha. :y:

I love standing out aye, how noisy is it with the exhaust on it that is always 1 of those things that makes people turn around and go wtf is that coming up the street lol :y:

Yea I love it!!!! :P

Well when I'm traveling Ill be picking up more funkey parts for it as i go so when i get back Ill roll it out and make it something very special :P

To be honest its not that noisy with the exhaust as he fitted a large centre box in to keep it sensible............. however I don't want sensible so ive asked him to remove the large box and put a smaller one in, both to give it a bit more of a menacing note and to give me more ground clearence for when I lower it soon!! :hammer:

See ive got it covered!! :P