From The Uk.......... My Ke70

uncle silvia

hows this thing goin mate

got the quads in or new rims on yet?

Unfortunately not yet!! :(

My supplier for the lights is actually going from the UK to the far east at the end of the month and will be picking up the missing brackets himself!! Ive also got him on the lookout for some other interesting bits I'm after while hes out there :P

As for the rims......... I'm still looking into the suspension and am currently doing some research into air ride, so I can slam the car for the shows but still be able to drive the car daily!!

The rims are not going on until its slammed as I need to get the ride height right and the arches rolled as it will look silly!!

I'm working on it all!! :cool:

I have just aquired this from work for the price of £17GBP though :P

09102008522.jpg

This should be fitted soon and will get rid of the little pea-shooter :yes:

Edited by uncle silvia

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

noooo don't put a cannon exhaust on they look crap on an ke70 :cool:

go out and get a 2 1/4 inch exhaust fitted will look and sound much better :P

Well I was umming and arring but I do quite like the look and its the right size as its not to big really!!

Its loads smaller than the one in my Sig below \/ \/ \/ and most of it would be tucked under the rear panel anyway................. and for £17GBP it keeps costs down too!! :P

Your the only person from 8 forums that doesnt like the idea!! Cheers for you opinion though!! :yes:

Edited by uncle silvia

Well I was umming and arring but I do quite like the look and its the right size as its not to big really!!

Its loads smaller than the one in my Sig below \/ \/ \/ and most of it would be tucked under the rear panel anyway................. and for £17GBP it keeps costs down too!! :P

Your the only person from 8 forums that doesnt like the idea!! Cheers for you opinion though!! :P

Sorry dude, I'm not a fan of cannons either, for looks or sound. I do however, love your car and am pleased to see its getting loved up like it should.

I just have a small sports muffler, and its quite quiet. Not pretty though it is period correct for the car which is I think the major gripe with a modern Canon style muffler.

All the best!

Sorry dude, I'm not a fan of cannons either, for looks or sound. I do however, love your car and am pleased to see its getting loved up like it should.

I just have a small sports muffler, and its quite quiet. Not pretty though it is period correct for the car which is I think the major gripe with a modern Canon style muffler.

All the best!

Well I'm gonna put it on for now as my standard exhaust is a little rusty and needs replacing! If I end up not liking it Ill change it at a later date but new custom exhausts over here are bloody expencive (£300+) so £17 + some pipework will do me fine for now!! :P

• 2 months later...

UPDATE

Yes and this time its a mix of good and bad!!!

Well I parked my car outside my mates house over night and this is what I found in the morning

DSCF0011.jpg

Someone had hit my bumper AGAIN on the same corner that got hit last time last year!! Its bent the bumper and the bracket, ripped my plastic end cap in half and dented the front panel under the headlights, all of which need replacing or repairing this time!! Unfortunately no note was left and it was a hit and run!!

Hopefully i should be able to get the bumper no probs as my supplier owes me a new one as this one went rusty after only a few weeks and is faulty! The rest ive got to buy myself!!!

However, on a better note I have got myself a new set of winter rims!!

These are Proper JDM yO TyTe etc etc Watanabe light rims running Dunlop Cut slicks (although street legal they are crap in the wet so are gonna be changed). Ive got a soft spot for these as I has them on my old CRX too, although these are wider with a bit of a dish!!

The best bit is they cost me nothing as i swapped them with a local guy with an AE86 as he liked my wheels with the polished lip!! Job Done!!

Heres some pics..............

DSCF0022-1.jpg

DSCF0023.jpg

DSCF0024.jpg

DSCF0025.jpg

The wheels are 14x7or7.5 with my old ones being 15x6 so they fill the arches out nicely!!

As you can see Ive also Added the chrome strips on the rear lights as per JDM models too!! I'm an attention (to detail) whore LOL.

Watch this space for my summer wheels coming soon

It's coming along very nicely. F***ing pricks who smashed into you, damm that sucks!

I don't mind the look of the cannon muffler on your car. But look pox as when people put them on shit box ford lasers or Bariana's and saying their car is race spec or fully sick.

Edited by Johno

Cheers for the comments people!!! :)

I know the exhaust is love it or hate it but it will do for now with the price I paid for it!!

Its actually smaller than the on in my Sig so not so bad (sig is not my car - new sig coming :lmao: )

I think there is an International man (or woman) hunt for the person that hit me!!!! lol

Anyway heres another cool pic.....................

scott-corolla2.jpg