Event Attendance Discussion

Raven

So back on '07, Valandor and I had an idea that we'll make a tally for those who attend events in the SA region.

If people were happy to put in 5 bucks each, there was going to be an award or trophy for the most active member for 2007.

Conditions:

For a person to be eligible, they'd have to sign up on the sign-in sheet, drive the cruise and/or attend the event afterwards (if one is planned).

Not many were keen on the idea as the tally below shows.

Anyway, tally is as follows:

Raven (RL) - 1

Valandor (RL) - 1

Robert - 1

Flippen_Crazy - 1

Soulsearcher - 1

CD_Rollaman - 1

**chump** - 1

ToDa30/4 - 1

So Jono was nice enough to reignite this topic, so now its up for discussion.

Read below and have your say :)

Edited by Raven

• 3 years later...
Members dont see this ad

Haha, you mean 2011!

Its up to you guys really.

I was once a region leader, but for any sort of attendance, I suggest that someone takes the helm and starts organising monthly meetings, planning cruises (driving and plotting the course), planning for other events (i.e. Toyoshow, All Japan Day etc etc), maybe even organise working bee's to help each other with car related repairs/upgrades.

But its only as good an event as the people who put effort into them and attend them.

The interstate meet, which has been going for now its 5th year is a great way to meet new members, become more social within the club and lift its morale.

Details for this years one has been up for a few months now and all I've managed to muster up is one other car, which is a pretty poor effort really for a group of car enthusiasts.

I know money may be an issue, but that's why its organised, or at least beginning to be organised about 6 months prior to the event, so people can start saving for it.

The most we've ever had on the GOR meet is something like 6 or 7 cars and I'd like to see SA hit that number again, or better still, exceed it.

Thoughts? Discussion?

I'm all eyes, possibly ears if people want to meet up for a meal and discuss what they would like to see it happen this year.

Edited by Raven

It's never a bad idea to try and get people together, meet, share a common interest etc.

I guess people just get tired of organising cruises well in advance only to have a small number turn up. Maybe persistence is the key - keep at it and eventually people will see pictures of good events and they will also join in.

As for the GOR event, it is a great event that I hope to one day make it to. I think it is a bit much to ask of some of these old rollas to sustain driving probably 3000 k's over the space of a weekend! I know you did it in your 25 Mick but some people aren't that keen (or crazy!!!!)

Maybe we should organise a camping trip in our own backyard.... that might give some people the courage or inspiration to make the big trek to the GOR event.

We have plenty of Rollas in SA so there is no excuse really for not all hanging out together :cool:

Haha, you mean 2011!

Force of habit, will be doing that for the next couple of months.

The main reason I wasn't coming to cruises was that I didn't think my car was up to standard and was a little embarrased by it, but now I realise....I mean come on...it's a 35 coupe. I think alot of members need to realise this and I think the organisation required is already here to do what has been stated as is making dates, routes, posts and what not just need to make more solid meet times and go from there.

We have the Australia Day cruise happening this month so that's a start for a state meet. I think also people are from all over the state from victor to salisbury so there's something else to look at.

yeh I'm gona try and organize more cruises, even if its only a small meet gives you a chance to put a face to the name. ive been waiting and looking for some cruises on here around adelaide but they

never seem to be arranged so i thought id just put it out there. so hopefully there will be more and more cruises over 2011.

cheers

matt

Moderating team list states that you still are.

I still moderate in here, but I stood down to let someone else take the reigns.

Regarding interstate meets - if you can travel 3000k's in a year in your corolla, you can do an interstate meet.

On-road support via tooling/mechanical expertise and carrying a few spares and you'll be fine ;)

I wouldnt say I'm crazy, more committed to the event than anything.

If you guys want, I can organise a cruise/drive-in meet, pending interest and confirmed attendance?

I like the idea of more cruises and the working bee's. It would be good as a newer member too see all the guys and for someone that can only change the Leeds and front pads would be great too learn some more things.

A monthly cruise would be a good start I think, or even public holidays as a bit of a start

I like this discussion :) I remember when i tried to motivate discussion.

Ill be back into the swing of things hopefully after april, taken a back seat to most things car related lately.

Edited by Budowski

Well, you do play with cars as a job, so it's kind of inevitable that cars do end up taking a back seat from time to time.

What would people like to see happen this year?

Club events such as car shows?

Cruises?

Camping trips?

Day trips?

Working bee's?

Throw your ideas out there.

If you're new to Rollaclub, tell us what you would like to see and/or do.

I'll keep updating this post with everyone's ideas over the next week and then we'll poll those ideas and see what sticks with mostly everyone and what doesnt.

yeh id definetly like to see more cruises, club entries into different shows, and yeh even working bees. gives you a chance to see what goes on around town, and give motivation for others to keep at it on there own projects.

i agree on all :)