Engine Conversion

tricksta

Hey all,

Does anyone know if this has been done, or anyone who has done this conversion.

- Sr20de into Ae82.

What I need to know is

- if the engine will go in without too much fabrication. ( Engine Mounts )

- Will I have to have custom driveshafts made or will there be some I can use.

Wiring is not an issue as whole car will be rewired.

Any info on this is much appreciated.

Members dont see this ad

I would think it would be possible, I have a friend who has an SR20DET in his ET pulsar (making more than 400hp at the wheels apparently... on NOS!!!)

You'll want to get motor+gearbox from a FWD car obviously, and then it's a matter of making sure your wheels come out in the right places and making custom mounts for your engine. Apart from that I don't see why it would be really hard. You'd probably need custom driveshafts, but who knows, maybe the pulsar ones will fit...

Cheers for that.

I have the engine laying around in my mates garage & I get that & the extractors for next to nothing. I need to get a gearbox though but dats all good. The engine came out of a nissan nx-r (Fwd) I have the exhaust off this car on mine already.

Do you know where your mate got the fabrication done??

putting an SR into an ET/exa is actually pretty easy, and CAs apparently bolt straight up. if i was going to put something else into an AE82, i'd use a 3S but that's just me. like with any fwd transplant, you're probably going to have to make alot of things yourself

Yes I think the CA's do bolt in or something. He's had a whole myriad of engines in that car (and I don't think it's ever REALLY been on the road...). He started off with a REALLY worked original engine, and then I think it was a CA18DET, and now it's an SR20DET.

as far as swapability goes, fwd nissans are the shit. in any combination of et, exa, n13 you can put an E15, CA, SR, or one of the GM Family 2 motors from a camira. if i was building a budget blaster stock drive car, i'd seriously consider an N13 with a 2L camira donk in it, that would have SO much torque

Call me old fashioned, but I have a lot of problems with putting a different manufacturers motor in a car. If you want a nissan motor, buy a Nissan. It's a complete package thing. Nissan (not Datsun, Mel!) make great motors, and pus cars. Yin and Yang. You can't go upsetting the balance of the world by transplanting things, I pesonally think it devalues a car, no matter how grunty it is. Sorry Jamie, that includes rotaries, too...... I suppose I'm just a purist at heart...

*editted for crappy spelling

Edited by Redwarf

i personally think if you have enough money, time and enough passion, then you can make any motor fly like theres no tomorrow.

EG. Give Superjamie $20,000, a Tip & the line "Build me a K motor that will make bogan commodores feel like they are going as fast as a Fiat bubble car"

Response = :zzzz:

*Check back in 2 months*

:rolla:

*Spelling :P *

:P ;) lol jk

*irokin again...lmao...sorry spelling you 'u' looks yikky :S and i was bored ;)*

*Me again - ug :P - ah ok then...

MOON! :moon:

sorry it had to be done :P

Edited by Teddy

I don't recon It will cost you 20,000 let alone 10,000 let alone $2,000

Lets keep it on topic

If thats the conversion you want to do...Go for it. Do your research. Attack everything with a tape measure, figure out what you need to do and PLAN it. don't start immediatly, think things over, figure out what might not work or what isnt ideal. Then you can start to attack the engine bay with an angle grinder and welder

haha teddy you could do that with less than $20k. in fact, i'd go as far as saying you could do it for less than $5k if you had some welding skills, less than $1.5k if you cut some corners and started with good 4k bottom end and working sc12 supercharger :P