Power Gain Opinions With Nikki Carby On Ke55

emu

Members dont see this ad

unbolt stock carb.......bolt on new one. Bout that simple. Hardest part would be running a positive on power wire to the fuel solenoid if it has one.

Are you talking about the one Ollae82 has for sale, cause that used to be mine??

Its not really worth upgrading the carb unless you have an upgraded exhaust and cam first. A bigger carb will make your motor lose torque in the lower rev range.

Useful gains can be had by experimenting with jetting in the stock carb and fitting a freeer flowing filter setup, or cutting down the original filter housing.

The gemini nikkis have vacuum secondaries. They can be modded to make them mechanical.

Edited by Felix

I believe it comes down to your carb really, If it was shit like mine was the gemini carb was a good upgrade. Unlike the other KE70 I have here which the carb still goes great. I felt the gemini carb was better matched to a stock 4K than a weber is, Fond memories of kicking nicks old KE70 off the line because the weber would bog down..

hey man don't waste ur time with a nikki carbie, i ran twin SU's a large race cam and extractors on the 4k in a ke70, it went quite well all along the rev range. this entire set up cost me under $500.00 ull b amazed an old junk 4k can sound so good!