Sr20det Into Ke55 Coupe And Engineering Laws

Osmosis6176

hey matt um i had the engine touching the firewall and it was still hitting by heaps bout 100-200mm. all i can think off is that the ke30 like urs and a ke55 like mine has a different crossmember and steering or sumthing because there was noway it is gonna fit. other than that i got no idea :D, ive heard ke70's have a straight crossmember and thats what i need for it to sit because there is noway it will go in as it is now :) but i don't no if the ke70 k frame bolt up and if i can change the steering aswell.but like i said i rekon its either the engines r diff or its the difference in the ke30 kframe/ crossmember and the ke55. johnnyt

Edited by johnny t

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All of the sumps are the same, and interchangeable :P

Here are some close ups ive taken, hopefully they help some are a bit hard to decipher.

IMG_0093.jpg

CIMG0768.jpg

CIMG0769.jpg

sump to crossmember clearance.

CIMG0773.jpg

Firewall to back of motor clarance from drivers side

CIMG0781.jpg

Front of motor to radiator support panel.

CIMG0780.jpg

Steering box clearance taken from the front, the closest thing is the manifold support bracket

CIMG0790.jpg

and again

CIMG0791.jpg

Booster clearance, this is a commodore 5/16 master which is identicle externally to ke55 master cyl.

CIMG0792.jpg

and again...

CIMG0793.jpg

gearbox to passenger side clearance to tunnel, note: unbashed

CIMG0783.jpg

celica ta22 mount, passenger side clearance

CIMG0784.jpg

The neat fit over the crossmember, taken from behind underneath the car on passenger side.

CIMG0786.jpg

And the gearbox crossmember.....

CIMG0788.jpg

Thats about it, hope this helps your cause, goodluck!

wiked man!! i still can't figure out how mine didnt fit! mine didnt look anything like that! but yeah now i no and what it hould look like ill sus it out sum more!

thanks so much for ur time and effort matt it is greatly appreciated!! ill let u no how i go in a pm or sumthing! thanks again :P

• 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

hey there i finally got pics of mine not many but a few. i put in for a modplate and if youre car weighs 900kg you can put a 2250 forced induction engine in it there is a site you can go to find the conversion tables and all the info you need to get your car mod plated ... www.infastructure.gov.au/roads/vehicle_regulation/bulliten/index.aspx (vsb14)

i put in for my mod plate and i got knocked back because of the track width in the front and rear our not allowed to have less or greater than 25mm in width from standard. also tyre sizes can't be 15mm larger in diametre or 26mm smaller than standard corolla sizes I'm gonna ring up and have a chat to them about it see what they have to say and if i can get them to pass it or what i have to do for them to make it passable (if i have to increase and reduce sizes )

here are a few pics of my car so far johnnyt

post-1352-1218881808.jpg

post-1352-1218882025.jpg

post-1352-1218882041.jpg

post-1352-1218884013.jpg

post-1352-1218884264_thumb.jpg

Hey mate, awesome job you're doing there. I'm doing the exact same conversion myself actually. Have been for the last year and a half actually lol. Just been lacking the motivation to get it going.

My motor is the S15 version. I'm only running the standard T28 to start with. What turbo have you got there? She's looking good so far. I've only gotta get a tailshaft made up, which is proving difficult as I can't seem to source a yolk for the 6 speed box anywhere, and the cooler piping and exhaust. Then I'm all set to have a drive of her.

The funny thing is your dash looks almost identical to mine. Same guages and everything lol. I'm about a half an hours drive from Hobart.

SR corollas represent haha.

Cheers,

Anthony

i gota t3-t4 turbo, i got all my tailshaft and diff work done by weatherhead in derwent park if you need someone to do it thats an option.

6 speed gee your posh!! oh really that sucks bout the dash haha i thought i was bein different cause noone does that in rollas haha ohwell!

where bouts do you live i live in margate bot 20 mins south of hobart. all i need is to get mine wired up painted convert it to hydrolic and mod plated and a few other things and then i can drive mine can't wait!! what colour are you goin with your rolla? johnnyt

Edited by johnny t