4age Into Honda S600

AlexK

Hi guys,

a couple of shots of my horolla or toyonda. Honda S600 with a bigport 4AGE. Initally had a mild 3K in it but was sadly underpowered at hillclimbs. After reading your forums and Phil Bradshaws page I decided that a 4AGE would be worth installing.

as with all conversions this had some issues ( all overcome).

The car has been log booked by CAMS and I use it for hillclimbs. I am still fine tuning it but on the Dyno got 68kw ATW ( much better than the 34kw ATW the 3K got).

I am trying out the "flasher can" substitute for the SPD on the ECU this weekend ( thanks to all for this info). If this works the extra 800-1000RPM at the top end will be well used ( currently limited to 6700RPM with no SPD connected). The aim will be to use a 555 timer circuit down the track.

post-2477-1179369249.jpgpost-2477-1179369257.jpgpost-2477-1179369269.jpgpost-2477-1179369281.jpgpost-2477-1179369293.jpg

Members dont see this ad

Hi Guys,

the standard S600 weighs in at 790kg.The toyota engine and gearbox and rear end change compared to the original 600cc(11,000 redline) engine with chain driven independent rear end difference may add about 50kg max.

Around 850kg.

you guys have been a great source of knowledge and help in putting this together. With all the info on the 4age it has made the task easier to do.

Anything I can do to assist others I more than welcome.

cheers

Alex.

i can't believe thats heavier than my car!!

Whoops,

just checked the specs and it is 690kg ( without fuel). It is quite heavy as it has a separate chasis and the body can be lifted off ( 28 bolts hold it together).

cheers

Alex.

;)

Hi Guys,

just finished an excellent weekend hillclimb racing at Mt Leura in Camperdown with the car. The flasher unit supplying a signal to the SPD sensor on the ECU worked a treat and I am now good for revs to around 7400-7500 RPM.

I am getting a mate to wire up a 555 timer cct which will reduce the size of the unit and remove the flasher signal beat.

cheers

Alex.

I'm amazed how much room there is in the engine bay around the 4A-GE. It'd be cool to see an S600 with an S2000 motor. Apparently the F20C (S2000 motor) is shorter (in length, not height) than a Civic B16, so one would assume it would fit. Plus it's an all alloy motor, so it wouldn't weigh much, if any more than the 4A-GE. 240hp in a 700kg would ROCK!!!