April 1, 200818 yr comment_236600 the master cylinders aren't square, still round. And for the record the KE3x's finished in 78. The update KE3x's were made in 77/78. Mine would have been made around the end in sept 78 as thats when the begun making the KE55's. Great looking car tho mate. Feel free to add it to my Vin Daterbase. Report
April 1, 200818 yr comment_236603 Also can tell around what year with if the front radiator crossbrace is welded in or bolt in. Yours looks bolted... Almost all 55's had weld in\. Report
April 1, 200818 yr comment_236605 I'm pretty sure that the late ones are welded too. Only the early ones were removable. Report
April 1, 200818 yr Author comment_236616 Its a 78 ke30. The radiator crossbrace was welded in, i just drilled the welds out. All up it took about 8 months, but of actual work it was 2 full weekends. I intend on getting a hoppers stoppers brake upgrade next and some coilovers(sleeve kit) for the front. I'm gunna replace all the bushes and swaybar eventually. I didnt think about how nose heavy it was gunna be before i did it, kinda wish i'd chosen something else now, oh well. It's using the standard diff for now(welded) and a standard corolla tailshaft shortened 3 inches. Report
April 3, 200818 yr comment_237085 :D What happen to the 5k idea, you added another 2.3 liters in capacity in their somewere. :abuse: Good work mate looks right at home in there. I know a guy who put the same motor in a Ke30 but he used factory supercharged motor and he fries the first 4 gears all day. :owned: Report
April 3, 200818 yr Author comment_237107 It was a case of 5k's were few and far between at the time and this boat anchor was lying around. I'm really regretting doin this now, i'm already having problems. Bloody welsh plug has given up the ghost and its leaking like a bitch :abuse: . So i'm gunna atempt to change that with the engine in there. And yes i know i should have done it before hand but i was in a rush. Makes me paranoid driving this now it has taken the fun out of driving a corolla. Half thinking of converting it back or just off loading it now. Winge winge f****n winge :owned:. Report
April 9, 200818 yr comment_238233 I think the motor choice isnt to bad, as it would go well and they arne't that much heavier. Only problem is it isn't legal and that opens up all sorts of problems, with rego ,defects, and even in an accident if they see that you have a un engineerd 3.8 litre motor in their your rego, greenslip and the rest is void and that could cost ya heaps. Id go back to a smaller motor or sell up and start a new project, but hey thats up to you. Good luck with the project :D Report
April 17, 200818 yr Author comment_240173 I no longer drive it on the street, it's purely for skids. I'll keep it for a while and then sell it to put a 1uz in my crown (Gotta register it first). Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now