Off To England

coln72

Well guys, got back this morning. 24 hours or so in a plane sucks big ones when you are in cattle class :y:

This trip was f@$king awsome!!!!!!! Goodwood was brilliant, the F1 factory was great (though pictures were banned). Got to look over the last Group B Rally prototype Toyota made. It was basically an MR2 with some serious mods. They had two actually in the factory. One had an east west engine while the other was north south and 50mm longer. Both had BIG turbos. One of them even had the cigie light working as the team manager demostrated.

Can not thank Toyota enough for the experience and the goodies we got from them. The guide was great (and a good sort), the food and piss were great and the accomodation was first class. The only downer was the other winners - they had no interest in cars/motorsport at all which pissed me off. One of you guys could have won it instead.

Before you all yell at me I'll add some photos later.

PS. I kicked arse at the Go Kart challenge :dance: just had problems bringing the trophey and champers back.

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This trip was f@$king awsome!!!!!!! Goodwood was brilliant, the F1 factory was great (though pictures were banned). Got to look over the last Group B Rally prototype Toyota made. It was basically an MR2 with some serious mods. They had two actually in the factory. One had an east west engine while the other was north south and 50mm longer. Both had BIG turbos. One of them even had the cigie light working as the team manager demostrated.

I'll try and ignore all the other cool experiences you've had from winning this trip (I'll get too jealous if I notice them). But the MR2 Group B cars stands out as SUPER cool. I don't suppose you were able to work out what sort of motors they were - 3S-GTE or 513 or maybe even something else?

ummm from memory early 3sgte, but someone seems to have stolen my mr2 history book. I'll get back to you. I'd kill to see that car in person!

Checked the history book i have and it has no info on the engine. hmmm Google search?

*edit due to info, or lack of it*

Edited by Clown

one was under a cover so we had a quick peak :) the other was in plain view but as the head of the department was standing there - he used the ciggie lighter to light up a fag - I didn't feel like crawling under it. The manager opened up the bonnet and boot for us so we saw the motor and the front diff. Also the interior.

don't ask me what the motor was as it wasn't a K series.

will be putting up more photos once the missuses lap top is fixed.